GAMECENTER help !!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Trysis3, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    i have a question about the gc leaderbord, what happens to your score in gc leaderboard if you delete then reinstall a game ??

2. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    its deleted as well usually unless a game has its own high score server.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Actually, iOS always asks you if you want to delete the game from GC if you delete it from your device.

4. TaiyrTress

TaiyrTress Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Gaming? Or something cool. :)
    Unicorn fun park.
    Exactly, If you delete the game and choose to delete it from gamecenter... Poof. Bye bye highscore. If you do not choose to delete it from gamecenter, your score will stay. :] (Not your save data)

5. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Unless they changed how it works, it doesn't delete your score. It just hides it from showing up. Reinstalling the game will reinstate your previous high scores and achievements.

6. Trysis3

Jul 14, 2009
    so now it will show a score that i dont have ??

7. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    ^ Well, if the game stores the scores/achievements locally (which is what many of them do), then they won't match up with what's in GC. Deleting/reinstalling a game starts you off with no save data, while GC would still show your old scores/achievements. I haven't deleted/reinstalled a game since early 2011, so it's possible that this has been changed since then.

8. Trysis3

Jul 14, 2009
    So that means that I won't be able to see my current score ever again

9. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yes you will see your current score on the leaderboards if you are using a Game Center game. What Dazarath was saying is that if a game doesn't use Game Center, it saves everything locally.

To reiterate what everyone has been saying, when you buy a game in the AppStore you will notice the Game Center icon. This icon means that the game saves its achievements and scores through Game Center. If you do not see this icon then that means that the game saves achievements and scores either locally or through another program/server (OpenFeint, EA, GameSpy, Crystal, etc).

So, when you delete a game that uses Game Center it asks you if you want to remove the game from Game Center. All you have to do is choose "Keep" and it will save your achievements and leaderboard score.

However, it will not save your in game progress unless it has been updated to use the iCloud. You must also be running iOS 5 for the cloud feature.