Companions [iPad only] - Celebration Time! 6.99$ -> 3.99$

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by smuttlegiaco, Nov 23, 2011.

1. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    we are happy to celebrate a rather unusual anniversary:

>>>the 418th day of existence of smuttlewerk interactive<<<

to honor this glorious day, we lowered the price of our most beloved game "Companions" to 3.99$ !

On a side note: the year 418AD saw the rise of Theodoric I as king of the Visigoths while in 418BC, during the battle of Mantinea, the Spartans and their allies defeated the armies of Athens and Argos.

Whatever this has to do with Companions, knowing some historical facts won't hurt anyone.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    418 days and still no iPhone/iPod version?!? Time of Heroes better be amazing to compensate.

3. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey, don't be unfair. :)

as I said in the Companions thread, we're currently building the "endless random crawler" for Companions.
    once this basic structure is finished, I hope that we'll be able to accelerate the development of an iPhone version. the greatest problem is the different number of characters you'll have to control.

on a smaller screen you will have control of max. 2 characters, which in turn means you have to adjust the whole random encounters, game balance, char skills etc. and that's a lot of work. since september me and ralph work about 10-12h a day (on Companions and ToH + business stuff), the other guys working on ToH about 7-9h.(BTW: check out our homepage) we still have to finish the dwarven fortress maps for Companions, fix the occasional bugs, finish the "endless crawler", finish ToH, plan future games, relax (sometimes :D)....the list goes on. we'll do our best, I promise.

4. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey guys and gals!

give our game a try if you own an iPad, you won't regret it if you're into strategy/rpg games! :)

5. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Really interested in this one. Is it turn based?

6. crazycan98

crazycan98 Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It is not turn-based, there is a pause button that I believe is 20 seconds or 60 seconds long (your choice) I'm not far enough into it to have to have used the pause. The game itself is smooth and quite fun.
    It's definitely on my top RPGs list. Some people complain about the controls but honestly I've had zero issue and don't quite know what they're talking about. There is a demo, and I tried that before I bought it.

7. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Alright. Might buy it then.

8. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    I would plunge, but alas, I lack an iPad. Oh, woe is me.

9. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    This title is just pure old school RPG fun. Get it!