iPhone LETZ - exploding puzzle action / word game - coming October 2012

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by About Fun, Sep 15, 2012.

1. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

#1 About Fun, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Hi guys.
    We are finally nearing release (December 11th 2012) of our new game, it's called LETZ: The story of Zed.

We describe it as: "Fun filled, exploding puzzle match-3 game for iPad 2 and newer (perfect for iPad mini!) where addictive, fast-paced gameplay is combined with gathering letters to create words, a funny storyline and tons of crazy characters."

See the new trailer here:

And get to know more info here:
    http://www.letz-game.com

I hope you like it! ;) Any kind of feedback is welcomed.
    Thanks for support

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #2 Misguided, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    Well, I'm a sucker for a match-3 with a twist, and fond of word games too, so this looks promising.
    The blatant use of copyrighted characters is a problem, but they don't seem to be in the game as far as I can tell. Do yourselves a favor and remove all trace of them from your website immediately.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Looks fun and I'd swear, on some words that narrator almost sounds like John Cleese. :)

4. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Definitely sounds familiar. I'm sure there's another game (or twelve) that used the same guy for a trailer, but I can't think of it.

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Based on the trailer and the description on the Letz web site, this looks very interesting. I just hope this is not a freemium game.

6. About Fun

Thank you for all your responses.

If you like word & match-3 games, you will love this :). There is an option for the word games lovers, it's an expert mode, where you have to create words manually by choosing proper letters. On the other hand, there is causal mode, where words are created automatically from letters you gather in your stack, so you can concentrate more on matching. Your call.

As for the blatant use of copyrighted characters. Thank you for your warning, but please, can you explain me, where exactly the problem is? I mean, we do only refer to some celebrities and characters (we use some kind of humorous pop cultural reference throughout the game), not using their names or even their original look nor mock them.

7. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
  8. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #8 Misguided, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    I'm referring to these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. About Fun

#9 About Fun, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    Well, good point, it should sounds like him ;). It's made by impressionist, who had to work with over 10 different well-known voices to dub our characters.

10. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Isn't there some of parody protection? Especially since none are stated directly by name other than something always generic or a few letters off?

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    LG, I'd say I know just enough to get myself into trouble on this sort of thing. It seems like a bad idea (and using the name isn't necessary, the likenesses would be enough of a problem, IMO), and presuming they are non-integral to the game, why tempt fate that way? The game looks really good, why resort to this?

12. About Fun

Thank you. I can ensure you, it won't be a freemium.
    We will have classic "premium" model, LITE and FULL version.

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the response. That is great news!

14. About Fun

Thank you for this information. We will discuss this topic with some lawyers and see what kind of feedback we can get. It's probable, that they will discourage us, but we would like to get to know more information as we thought, that there is some kind of parody protection - like LordGek mentioned earlier.

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So how goes development on this?

16. About Fun

It's going quite well, thanks for asking :). We have juste entered last phase of development, testing/debugging and neverending balancing&polishing. Cross your fingers, the game should be out in the first week of November.

17. About Fun

LETZ - Play like a Boss - Gameplay Trailer

Here is a new gameplay trailer "Play LETZ like a BOSS".
    It's quite explosive, isn't it? But unfortunately most probably we won't be able to make it work on iPad1 :(. What do you think, is it a big deal?

18. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    The video looks great. One minor concern: it may be because you have spliced several segments together, but it sounds like a couple of the audio samples may be a bit repetitive, particularly "Another new word". You might consider having an alternate audio file or two for that, or maybe consider how often it is necessary to play it. I'm being rather nitpicky here, but better to consider somthing like that now.

19. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    The concept is great, and I love these kind of games.

My only concern for you is that visually the game pieces themselves are sort of bland. Circles, squares, and stars, I wish you had done something more unique!

Best of luck though, looks fun :)

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    iPod touch support?