fighting games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cookiemonster, Jul 24, 2009.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    has anyone thought about making a fighting game like street fighter or tekken for the iphone? i wonder if you could make this work... i would love to play a mortal combat game in between work meetings:D

2. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i would street fighter on the ipod touch. Really into tekken as well.

3. cookiemonster

Dec 23, 2008
    totally, making it port well would be the only difficult part of this, otherwise i think it would have a huge following

4. rileyman

rileyman Member

Feb 8, 2009
    You could emulate tekken and street fighter. not very optimised controls though

5. cookiemonster

Dec 23, 2008
    i agree 100%, thats why i think someone needs to sit down and rework the whole control scheme...come up with something new and intuitive. kinda like what halo wars did for the rts genre on consoles...

6. adbjmb

adbjmb Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I definately think a good development team could pull it off. That's why I don't understand why no one has tried to yet, other than solus. The controls may not be perfect but then what ever is. As long as they are workable that will be ok. It would probably be much more profitable than making another game in a genre that is to full of the same thing anyway.