Universal Wilful Kitty - another mini puzzle game from Unexpect3rd

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unexpect3rd, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    #1 unexpect3rd, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    COMING THIS WEEK

[​IMG]

Hi all, I'm back again with another little puzzle game. This time i'm dipping my toes into pixel art and CATS! (Disclaimer: I'm a programmer, but i create my own art assets, I do what i can :p)

It's a simple game with a familiar and intuitive control style known by most by now. Just combine "ingredients" into "items" requested by your Wilful Kitty and bring them to the cat (or vice versa)! Silly cat will start asking for more stuffs and the room is just gonna be in a mess. Good luck!

The game is up in Testflight, feel free to email/pm me if you would like to try it out and provide feedback.

Wilful Kitty should be due, next month (April). Meanwhile I'm working to see I'll have enough time to add in a few different backgrounds for variety sake.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
  3. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
    Hello! I have added you to the testflight! do provide your feedback here!

4. acgenovese

acgenovese New Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Hi! I would love to beta test this game! I already have Test Flight & im currently beta testing Fruit Ninja Tournament Edition

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I want to be in!

6. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
    hey guys! thanks for the interest to test out Wilful Kitty, please do pm me your testflight emails!

Thanks for all the interests shown. Just to share a little, this game was originally just a prototype for a more complex puzzle RPG game. I was testing out having a "hero character" collecting stuffs on the board when i thought this little mechanic alone makes for an interesting casual puzzle game. And i'd always wanted more excuses to make cat games, thus Wilful Kitty was born.

This is currently pretty much a high score chaser / time waster, please do not have too high expectations.

7. Swallowknight

Swallowknight New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Housewife
    Devon UK
    This looks a fun diversion. Am sure it will be �� Looking forward to beta testing

8. Swallowknight

Swallowknight New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Housewife
    Devon UK
    Hi Edmund , thank you for adding me to the TestFlight beta for Wilful Kitty. I've spent about an hour his morning ( actually nearer an hour and a half hehe ) playing. Have unlocked several kitties - and I wanted to post some feedback. It's great ! I am not sure if there are any additional kitty treats for me to discover, to match up, but it's looking good thus far. Music and Sfx are perfect not too distracting and the gameplay and gfx very cute and relaxing. As a casual game it ticks all the boxes. About to test further. No bugs discovered as of yet, though the screen orientation does seem to be set to upright ( I had mine upside down when I loaded the game, a dyspraxia fault of mine )

9. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
    Hey Swallowknight thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it. I have intended for more contents like treats cats and backgrounds, but those boils down to when I want to release the game. Being NOT an artist, creating each of those assets takes a lot of time and effort for me.

Right now on my list is (by priority) Backgrounds, more cat animations, new treats then more cats. These, and me juggling my freelance and part time jobs, scheduling mayhem.

I was hoping to coincide the release date with my own birthday in April, but i guess that won't be possible haha.

Thanks again!

10. Swallowknight

Swallowknight New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Housewife
    Devon UK
    Hi Edmund, just a short update to express my continued delight with your game. I've got all but one kitty unlocked now. You have done a superb job if you consider yourself not an artist. The effort has paid off, and well done, Even more kudos if a job requires extra input. I wondered, if you have any tips for progressing beyond the tuna treat level ? I am doing my utmost ( whilst enjoying the game :D ) to progress by giving favourite treats to the kitties , but have not been able to get beyond the tuna treat level. Many thanks and wishung you a happy birthday for later this month. :)

11. Swallowknight

Swallowknight New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Housewife
    Devon UK
    Latest update 1.0

Thank you for the latest update to the wilful kitty beta . It's good that you've separated the sound and music, so they can be individually switched on or off. I've unlocked every kitty now . Top score so far is a meagre 123 , perhaps some other testers would be kind enough to compare scores, and give feedback ? The game is great !! Deserves more players. A lot of work has gone into the game. Thumbs up from liz in Devon :)

12. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
    Hello SwallowKnight, thank you for all the feedback and well wishes :) I wished the other testers would drop in a few words here too haha, i did gave out TF access to quite a few testers from here.

And sorry for the slow response, been busy with my part time job (i think i said that before, lol, such is life). Actually, currently the tuna level would be the "final level", I am considering at least adding one more level above that, but i'll keep to my priority list (mentioned in my last post) for now.

I am running really short on time before the release. I am targeting last week of April, and between now and then I have a couple of pre-planned trips coming up :/

13. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
    more backgrounds coming soon to the testflight build

[​IMG]

14. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore
  15. unexpect3rd

Dec 7, 2011
    Singapore