Hills & Rivers Remain

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kour, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    is actually a pretty decent game. I dont' get why people bash it so much. it's got pretty good strategic gameplay though the story is pretty typical Square stuff. Now if only the dev's would release online multiplay it would make this game great!

2. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I didn't play the game too much yet so I can't say (still on my iPhone however). I read some reviews that the game is really nice so I got it. I love the name of the game, especially the Japanese and Chinese original titles before it was translated into English. It's so nice to have something not called "i-something", "zombies/ninjas/destroyer of doom/blood/violence/cheese", or other seriously cliched and lame names. :rolleyes:

3. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I bought it, and played it fiendishly for a week or so. Haven't beaten it yet, it's kind of on the side for now, but I'll eagerly go back to it when I have time.

I got to some mission where it's me versus the ... well I don't know how far you've gone but I'm pretty far into the game it seems like it's about to end (but it already played that card.. and it started back up).

Free play mode I played a bit, so there's something else I'm looking forward to.
    I can see why people bash it a bit, I mean it is slow paced and I don't think it'd appeal to everyone. It's like a slow-downed version of Galcon with deeper elements.

4. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    hmm...that is true. I actually find the strategy rather good. I have found myself thinking i've won the map then suddenly i get my bu## kicked just because i left some path unguarded on the gamble that i wouldn't be attacked there.

I do hope SquareEnix bring out multiplay on it or OpenFeint (I hope but doubt)

5. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    I tried it a bit but didn't like it much. Maybe the lack of more RPG elements was what I missed.

What was the worst thing was that I couldn't move my stronghold that effectively. I tried several times and normally it took me 5 tries before I could do it. Can't blame the game for me being stupid and slow though.

Why people bash it so much I believe it's Square Enix's game and people are expecting quite a lot from them. That was a bit of a disappointment for me.

If it had been released by some other studio it would prolly be a decent game; for Squeenix it's below average.

Nice idea none the less.

6. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Muahaha. I just finished the campaign. Pretty cool. They've left it open for a sequel. :)

I hope they add OpenFeint and online multiplayer first. :)

7. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    where can i download the new maps? cant find the option