Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. qwertjx

qwertjx Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Count me in too :) ascension is just too addictive

2. ironcub14

ironcub14 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey guys, that's great, we are already up to 8.

We aren't in a hurry or anything so I think we can let the post stay open for people to see for at least a week or two.

From the TA side, depending on how many people show interest, we can just have everybody who is willing to play participate in the interforum tourney. If we have too many ppl, we can always do a mini tourney here first.

I said 10v10 to take an example, but I'm sure we can have more.

3. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Im in.. Hopefully the timing is right and diff timezone wont be an issue

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I will join in!

5. MLKeener

MLKeener Active Member

Jan 13, 2012
    @ironcub14 Ya, I skulk around a lot. Usually takes bait like this to pull me out.

6. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Count me in.

7. Ananab Tilps

Ananab Tilps Active Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Hey all,

I'm the feller who would be organizing the Quarter to Three vs. Touch Arcade tournament on our end. Is there someone from TA who would like to work with me?

You'd need to organize a little tournament of sorts that TA people would play in to gain entry to the Qt3 vs TA tournament. At Qt3, we have a league that runs monthly, and I'll use that to choose our team.

So we'd start at the end of February, and you'd use the month of February to choose a team. If you're interested, let me know in this thread (so that everyone sees who you are), and then we can discuss a bit via private message.

Just to wet your whistles, Qt3 has played both Pocket Tactics and Gamers With Jobs, defeating both teams for a perfect 2-0 record. That's right, perfect!

8. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    That'd work, I think I saw you guys at Qt3 do a round robin style match up? I kinda like that idea. If we can organize that here I'd be down for entering.

9. Ananab Tilps

Jan 28, 2013
    Yup, we all play each other once in a month, and the top six have a playoff to determine a champeen. It's simple to organize.

10. Ananab Tilps

Jan 28, 2013
    Still wondering if a TA person would like to be the large and in charge doodle who will run things on this end.

11. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey all, it's great to see more ppl in this thing. It would definitely be great if one of the TA regulars organized the TA side of things. Me and Ananab have like 3 posts each, so we could hardly consider ourselves qualifed :)

I could help organize on the TA side if anything, but then me and Ananab will just rig the whole thing completely to the Qt3 side :D

12. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    count me in for the tournament. i'm terrible at the game, but i like playing.

13. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I'm up for the tournament as well!

14. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    If there are any more tournament openings, count me in too! :)

15. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    #3275 ironcub14, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Everybodys welcome and let ur GC friends know as well. If we have a ton of ppl, we can play a mini tourney here at TA first before we do the tourney vs Qt3, but right now, I think we have 12 and can go straight to the interforum tourney!

We'll leave the "signup" open until for another week or so, that should have given ppl about 2 weeks to see it, and then we can start it up soon!

16. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Okay, I did go through and add it up, I believe we have 15 right now!

17. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Can you post a link?
    I ran a previous tourney using challonge.com. If we still need a TA only tourney, I could do it again if no one else has started.

18. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    I havent done anything yet, I just added up the people saying they were interested here so far!

We don't have a link for an interforum tourney at Qt3 yet either. I could share links for the two previous interforum tourneys if you'd like.

I like Challonge too, and I use it as well, but I will let Ananab and te TA organizer decide if they want to run it on Challonge or on their respective forums.

Would you like to organize on the TA side? We'd be happy if you did!

19. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey guys, I chatted quickly with Ananab about the tourney. We're thinking of starting the whole shebang around early March. We are going to use our February league to decide who gets to be the lucky participants.

So I wanted to ask if everybody here would like to do a mini tourney or a league for February as well in TA! We could kickstart something on Monday, I can help organize here. Mull it over the Super Bowl, ya know?

Here's the links to the Qt3 vs Gamers with Jobs Tourney
    http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=69443
    http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/111942

Here's the links to the Qt3 vs Pocket Tactics Tourney
    http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?p=3285819#post3285819
    http://forums.pockettactics.com/discussion/489/ascension-inter-forum-trophy-qt3-challenge

Ascension is fun as heck, but with no Elo rankings, these tourneys adds some drama to it!

20. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Ah ok, just misunderstood then. Yeah, I can set it up. Any special settings?