Why do you guys think square Enid became

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    #1 Stirolak26, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    Such a postbox company all the time remaking or porting realllllllly old games to new systems or new portables like the ds, advices, and ESP the psp with almost its entire psp fayalite being ports or remakes? I mean why is it such a respectful company became like this? You don't see heretics porting morrowind to us or a psp do you? Or blizzard porting something that would work real well on the advices like doable 2 do you? So why is square Enid always doing it? Imagine if every company was like that and instead of concentrating on new games they would heavily support underpowered portables every generation more so than new systems. Its like the totally opposite business strategy than activation but I think it actually makes more sense because it takes less effort to port games and costs less making for the advices or the ds than for the 360 or ps3. Oh and I forgot to mention they are also huge and spend a lot of their resources on the Japanese phone market.

(someone correct the title please as my ipad automatically changes Enix to Enid).

2. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The issue is money and Square-Enix not believing that they can make enough money from off the AppStore to make it worth it for them to truly invest in the iOS market. They believe simply that their resources are better spent elsewhere. It's as simple as that. The indie scene has, for better or worse, crippled the iDevice's ability to compete with other gaming platforms when it comes to gaining the full attention of major multi-platform console devs.

3. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    But they did the same thing to the psp as well outside of like two games ( kingdom hearts and crisis core comes to mind as I don't like fighting games or fissures) and even their psp games weren't totally original but based off other franchises or sequels. Imagine how much better a 3d ff or dq remake would have been on the psp over the ds, and the ds had many while all the psp remakes like star ocean or dragonq jest almost had the same old 2d graphics.

4. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    And why did they make so many ds and japanese phone games instead of like activation does with call of duty concentrate all their resources on making. Huge selling final fantasy every year?

5. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Yes, they do release plenty of ports of their older games. But they actually have released a lot of interesting, original games, and often experimental, onto the iDevice, which you and most people have probably been ignoring because they haven't pandered directly to what you expect from Square Enix. And I respect them for that as a company.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    why do you think guys with poor grammar and zero writing skills became get iPads what

7. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Who's square Enid?

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

The frumpy German relative of Square Enix apparently.

9. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I want to know why heretics are making elder scrolls.

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I feel like I'm in sentence fragment hell.
    [​IMG]

11. Midnight09

Midnight09 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    :eek:

Somebody failed 1st grade...

12. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    its because the ipad and iphone change words and fragments and acronyms for you. and when I type on such touch keypads I look down to make sure I am pressing certain buttons not at the actual screen.

13. Midnight09

Nov 29, 2010
    Look into buying a laptop..it'll do you wonders

14. jasonc506

jasonc506 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    I don't know why every major company thinks the iOS is a waste of time. Sure their not going to make tons of money but they have many different teams working on games for various systems they could just form a team to work on the iOS games. Square makes games for the DS and the only games that sell well on the DS in Nintendo's.

15. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Not by a long shot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_DS_video_games

With Angry Birds being the most d/l'ed game at 7 million or so, and a 99 cent price point, why would they want to develop for iOS devices?

16. jasonc506

jasonc506 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    #16 jasonc506, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    As I said the majority of those are Nintendo published games. All they ever talk about when talking about the 3DS is that they want to increase the popularity of 3rd party games because most didn't do so well on the DS. Yeah Square's Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest games did well on the DS but thats because they're popular brands and I'm sure they would do good on the iOS too. Also about Angry Birds just because it is the most downloaded doesn't mean it made the most money. Even so if an game makes 3-7 mil when it most likely costs 500k-1 mil to make is pretty good profit. According to IGN, Gameloft made 50 mil just for Q3 this year, thats almost exclusively on portable markets. Also it take several years to make some games on the console so they should make more profit.

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are on the DS?!?!? Those and pokemon.. Wow I need a freaking DS lol.

18. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    No Idea about the DS but Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep on the PSP is pretty jaw dropping also the other few like Dissidia and Crisis Core aren't half bad either.

Favourite square game remains chrono trigger on the Snes though they should bring that to IOS.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh lol, I have a psp, yeah definitely getting Birth by Sleep. Dissidia is great!

20. Midnight09

Nov 29, 2010
    The DS is freaking amazing if you like JRPG's. There is tons of shovelware too, but there plenty of great games that make it worth it.