Why are there so many games with fabulous design but little meaningful content?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gameview, Mar 12, 2011.

1. gameview

gameview Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Why do so many game devs make games with fabulous visuals but meaningless content. Why? I once even heard of that players are a group of people who are mentally ill. I wonder how many such trash games you have endured and the time you have wasted on them.:mad:

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Oh no. Not another thread that does nothing but bash:rolleyes:. Can't we just respect all devs.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What the hell?

4. adorinellen

adorinellen Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Los Blancos
    Calm down. Games are made to please you not to anger you meanwhile taking away your money.

5. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    So..... you are mentally ill as you have played those trash games? If you really hate those games that much, why do you still care about how many of them and how long other players have played? I think you just overreacted to those devs' games.

6. terencefish

terencefish Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Quite right. We do need respect all the game devs. They also wish to present good apps for us players and they have tried hard to develop a new game. We shouldn't be rude just because you don't like their work. We should respect them and their work.

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Thread backfire.
    Get lost.

8. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Some devs games are still good.

9. johnberry

johnberry Active Member

Mar 8, 2011
    computer

HOHO, really got lost:D
    anyway, IMO a dev who proceeds from players' eyes and feelings to develop a game is a good dev, right?:)

10. sawusawme

sawusawme Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Bermuda Triangle
    Yeah,u know it is not an easy project to dev a game.do u know how long does a game take? How many people are under stress to complete those games?Although not all of them are perfect,which is true,market can help u to tell which are popular,and i think u can focus on the market first and then select which fits u~:D

11. Sandrem

Sandrem Active Member

Mar 4, 2011
    You can say that you don't like them, but shouldn't scold.

12. johnberry

johnberry Active Member

Mar 8, 2011
    computer

you are right!
    game updates so fast, they are enduing great pressure

13. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Great graphics and sound can massively improve a game. Look at Tiny Wings - it's very similar to another game, Wavespark, but I have no desire to play Wavespark because it looks pants.

I have multiple non-universal games that I have bought for the iPad despite already owning the iPhone version, just because an iPad native version looks better than 2x mode for an iPhone game.

I see so many games that the developer has clearly spent a lot of time on drawing the sprites etc, but they still don't look very good because the developer doesn't have the skill or resources to make them look good. Even if the gameplay is good, I still have to look at the game, I don't want to spend time looking at graphics that look like student has drawn them.

14. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    To be honest most users are not prepared to pay over 99c for a game and for a developer to make a game full of REAL content, where money needs to be spent on development is high risk.

It's like that old saying - you only get what you pay for...

15. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    I don't think you need to be so harsh. And to answer your question, I think there are many casual games with interesting visual because majority of iPhone/iPad owners are casual gamers. There.

16. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    See making thread like you did now , will lead to smart people like me making you look dumb.
    If your not smart enough to pick a good game and get all crap its not the developers fault. It your fault for picking bad games to spend your money on. Dont blame anyone for your lack of jugdement and your lack of skill.
    By the way did you graduate grade school?
    Also did you type the words in your 1st post or did you talk and someone typed for you?
    I asked these questions not to be funny but to understand your level of education.
    Now if you complaining about 99 cents games, go buy games like DeadSpace which is near console quality. Stop being so cheap and spend money for premium grade stuff which is only 2-3 dollars more.
    Yeah you just got OWNED!

17. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I only buy games with innovative concepts, as I 've said often in this forum, games with new mechanichs or games that suited perfectly with the iPhone...two recent examples I've purchased: Infinight and Land-a Panda.
    The really big exceptions are games from Gameloft (when they dropped to a buck) and games from Donut games...in these case I bought them asap.

18. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I've had enough of these hate threads.

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    We all have.