Budget for paid marketing..

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by rajonbuzz, Apr 28, 2014.

1. rajonbuzz

rajonbuzz Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    What should be the minimum budget for marketing of an iOS game? and what sectors you guys suggest to?

2. todortodorov

todortodorov New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Gamer
    A few K, perform a research which apps are most wanted.

3. thisaacks

thisaacks New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    UK
    There is no minimum budget required for marketing an iOS game :), it all depends on what type of audience you are trying to reach. Different game types need different types of marketing, so it all depends on what sector you are trying to reach.

4. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    My recommendation to indie. Do not spend money on marketing if you do not have the money for it. Especially if you doing it for a paid app. Spending $100 on a banner ad that almost everyone ignore will not bring you $100 in equivalent of revenue. Focus on free marketing effort.

5. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

I believe that most paid marketing (banner ads, video ads, etc... ) are fairly useless for most small developers. There is value in reminding people about an already established and well-known brand, but not much value in trying to build awareness of a new brand. I'd focus on free advertising (leveraging social media, talking to media, etc... )

6. Paxer Ananyev

Paxer Ananyev New Member

May 8, 2014
    PM, Game Designer
    Minsk, Belorus
    If you want to test your promo materials you can try FB ads. It's very scalable.