any games like killing floor?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by corvo attono, Jul 16, 2013.

1. corvo attono

corvo attono Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    any games like killing floor?

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    2013: Infected Wars is coming very shortly and will probably scratch that itch. Other than that, nothing.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I thought you'd say Dead Trigger. :D

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    In all seriousness, ever played Killing Floor? It's one of the best zombie survival/arena games out there, period. Extremely strategic, team-based gameplay that gets very hard at higher difficulties. Putting Killing Floor and Dead Trigger in the same sentence is an insult to the folks at Tripwire. I've put over 85 hours into that game and am still learning new things and having a blast with my pals.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Putting Dead Trigger and Killing Floor in the same sentence is worth it if it pulls of words like that from you :D:D:D

6. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    This. Lol

7. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    If you wanted to get technical, he didn't actually put them in the same sentence. ;)

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #8 JBRUU, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Same post, whatever. I'm probably going to hit a few nerves, but every once in a while this really needs to be said:

Sometimes I think a few of you haven't experienced too many console/PC titles. Very few iOS games offer the level of gameplay and sheer quality that console games do. That's why I get a little, well, saddened when I see people put up with a game like Dead Trigger or an unimaginative, blatant clone like that Borderlands shooter. It just isn't worth my time, and really, if you're looking for the best experience, it shouldn't be worth your time either. Unless it offers something truly unique, (or you really want a cut-down version on the go) why bother with lackluster stories, old ideas and dull game worlds? Not to mention IAP.

Yeah of course it's awesome to be able to play this stuff on mobile - I'm not arguing that at all. I wouldn't be on this site if I wasn't big into mobile gaming. But please, for the love of everything you hold dear, do not draw comparisons like that between Killing Floor and Dead Trigger. That's like comparing Ravensword to Skyrim or Fallout, or the running times of a 4 yr old to Usain Bolt.

I've been getting back into PC gaming recently, and I find it difficult to sit down at home and play anything like Wild Blood or Gangstar or Deus Ex (all of which I still need to finish). Why bother when the experience is 10x better on a PC, and often just as cheap? Or why play Xcom on iOS, when the port has performance issues, subpar graphics, no MP and less maps?

What do I find myself playing on my iPad then at home? Honestly, just stuff that's suited for quick bursts. NFS is still regularly booted up. Where's My Water is a lot of fun. Other stuff that feels so well suited to the platform, like Walking Dead, World of Goo or Perfect Cell are also great. Some stuff I like because I'm just used to it and the community, such as MC4, or great indie stuff like Heroes & Castles.

But just don't, please don't, compare Dead Trigger to Killing Floor. Ever.

And I don't know why I bothered to type this all out in a Virginia-style essay like this. If you like that kind of stuff, cool. I just think that you should experience the console counterparts before jumping to conclusions - you might be surprised at what kind of an experience you're missing out on.

9. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I agree 100% with what you said. The main reason I love to see ports and "clones" of console/PC titles is mainly the fact that I don't have accuses to the computer that much, making iOS my main gaming source.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Why not comparing Dead Trigger to Killing Floor?
    Besides the fact that you can't compare a PC to an iOS device in terms of quality, both games are quite similiar in other terms.
    But both games suck anyway, so I can't really recommend anything.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lies and slander.

12. High-five bro

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    :):D:D

14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Great posts JBruu,

I didn't know you were into pc gaming. I am a huge fan of Killing floor and I am a regular Steam user. I have over 250 hours on Killing floor and I agree it is one of the very best zombie games out there and arguably the best zombie arena/survival game.
    In the past 2 years I have gotten into PC gaming and recently console gaming (Ps3) and it's a blast. Not to say I don't appreciate mobile gaming because there are some gems, as JBRUU mentioned Heroes and Castles, which I would nominate for game of the year on iOS. For overall experience and immersiveness there is nothing like pc or console games. I recently finished The last of US which was an incredible gaming experience.
    Mobile gaming is nothing to laugh at though. Playing games like the modern combat series and indie games are a blast to play on iOS and I look forward to more original games on mobile in the future.

15. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    so true, you can't compare Dead trigger to Killing floor, that's laughable.

16. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I only ever played Killing Floor when it was a free UT mod, I'm guessing it has evolved somewhat?