Outnumbered - 3D, Multiplayer, Survival [In Review]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VeiledGames, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeiledGames

VeiledGames Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Minneapolis, MN
    #1 VeiledGames, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    UPDATE: Released! Discussion has moved to this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=37254

[​IMG]

High Def. Trailer for Outnumbered:

Gameplay Tutorial for Outnumbered:

Hello good people of Touch Arcade! Veiled Games has returned from a long bit of dormancy (it's been far too long since our last hit, Up There) and is excited to start wagging our flaps about our next game: Outnumbered.

Outnumbered is a fully 3D game, built from the ground up with 2 player, competitive gameplay in mind. One player plays the ONE and attempts to survive as long as possible, while the other controls the masses of enemies in the role of MANY. When the ONE is destroyed, the roles are reversed, and the player with the highest ONE score wins.

Outnumbered has really beautiful graphics, awesome competitive play, and heart pounding music and effects. We're really proud of this one here at Veiled, and can't wait to get it in the hands of the TA game-aholics.

To head off some questions before their asked, here's a few FAQ's.

Q: Is there single player?
    A: The Game is built around a full multiplayer experience, to be played between two players with two devices. In a pinch, yes, there is a solo version of the game, but Outnumbered really shines when you're fighting your friends.

Q: How much am I looking to drop on this gem of a game?
    A: Opening price will be .99 cents. How long we stay at 99 cents, and what we move to after that will be determined by how much more ramen is in our pantry.

Q: What devices does this work on?
    A: Outnumbered uses bluetooth to connect, so multiplayer is limited to the iPhone 3G and 3GS and 2nd Gen iPod Touches and up. Unfortunatly, 1st gen iPod Touches and iPhones aren't invited to this party. We tried to make it work for you, but it just didn't end up happening. Consolatory hug?

Q: How long is a typical game?
    A: For both players to play both roles, in our playtesting we found an average of 5 - 8 minutes for a full round. This is long enough to get invested in the game, but short enough that you don't have to make a day around it, and can get a round in while waiting for the bus.

Q: Is it any good?
    A: Hell yeah!

Q: When, oh please, when can I play this game?
    A: That's Apple's decision now. It's done, submitted, under review. We're sending candy apple gift packs everyday now to the good people at the app review team, and are waiting to hear from them. It should be soon though!

Check out our site for more info about this and our other games. I'll try and be around here as often as I can to answer questions, and just see what you guys think of Outnumbered!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Is there online multiplayer or just P2P or WLAN?

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Wow looks good! I like that the other player controls the enemies. But for the robot controls do you drag to aim?

4. VeiledGames

Dec 31, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Minneapolis, MN
    Local multiplayer is the order of the day. I'm not saying Online multiplayer will never happen, it's just not within our budget right now. If this game takes off, it's certainly something we're going to look into.

5. VeiledGames

Dec 31, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Minneapolis, MN
    When you control the ONE, you move with the D-Pad, and swipe across enemies to target them. The ONE auto-aims on enemies you have targeted, in the order you swipe on them. The challenge is destroying the enemies in the right order, and using your ammo appropriately. We found, to do your own aiming, as well as steering, and firing, was just too many balls to juggle for a touch screen, and was only frustrating. Letting the ONE do the aiming for you works wonders. Don't worry though, the enemies are numerous enough and tough enough for there to be plenty of challenge.

6. Froggyboby

Froggyboby Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Missouri
    Looks amazing and great concept can't wait for it to come out.
    Hope it's successful for you

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Wow this looks awesome

8. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    so this is Matrix? The ONE? :D
    looks cool! but my iPhone don't support peer to peer bluetooth :(
    though it is possible,Apple didn't enable it, Damn Apple! :D

9. VeiledGames

Dec 31, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Minneapolis, MN
    Haha! ONE stands for Omega Neurobot Eliminator and MANY stands for Multiple Autonomous Neurobot Yield.

It's a shame that earlier devices aren't bluetooth P2P enabled, but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. No hard feelings?

10. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Does look good. Looking forward to it.

11. VeiledGames

Dec 31, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks! It's great to see people are excited! I should also bring up that Outnumbered has been in review for 10 days now, so seeing as the app review process has gotten quite quicker lately, there might not be that much waiting to do.

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

this game seems like a good dual stick shooter with a twist.
    i'm definitely looking forward to this!

13. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    you made me buy a game that "only" shows a balloon floating up... this game is still on my first page!!!!! (Well on the second, the first one contains the standard apps I use most often and some school etc apps) .99 for such a game? Hmm... I might not be able to play with a friend, but will still be an instantbuy!

14. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for survival games. I'll be getting this. Just promise us you'll at lest try to fit in online play if this game earns good amount. Cause if it is I garuntee it'd make at lest the top 50.

15. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    local multiplayer is the worst multiplayer ever

16. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    So is this like a RTS game for one player, while it's a third person shooter for the other? Sounds pretty sweet, but in case if you want Online Multiplayer, what about one person goes crazy and spawns a lot of robots, while the other side gets to team up and defeat them?

17. VeiledGames

Dec 31, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Minneapolis, MN
    Outnumbered Released

Wouldn't you know it! Apple surprises us, and approves Outnumbered with lightening speed! I've opened a new discussion of Outnumebered in the main forum. All discussion of Outnumbered should be moved to here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=37254