Universal Tiny Bombers - Endless procedural bomberman mechanics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DenizPiri, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DenizPiri

DenizPiri Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    #1 DenizPiri, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hi Everyone,

Our new game Tiny Bombers (work in progress title) is an upcoming iOS game. It is a game that has basic bomberman gameplay mechanics, but with endless and procedurally generated map.

Request TestFlight invitation
    press the text above

At this point we have 16 characters to unlock but we are hoping to add more characters right after the release. Each character in the game has unique animation that we recorded using full body motion capture. Game supports seamless transition between horizontal and vertical mode, which makes it much more natural to play on iPads. We have 4 environment themes currently. Environments change as you progress forward in the game and some are unique to characters. We are also working on sound effects as we speak.

Game has single handled touch controls. Controls work this way:
    - Swipe to move
    - Touch down to stop (and go to nearest tile)
    - Double tap to place a bomb

With this control mechanics, double tap stops and places a bomb since touch down always causes player to stop. We also support doing multiple swipe moves without lifting the finger off.

We would love to have some feedback ! Any kind of feedback is more than welcome.

2. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

We can send TestFlight builds to people are interested in testing the game. It would be great for us to collect feedback. If you can send us an email at [email protected] or put your email here, we will add you as a tester.

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #3 baldeagle86, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Game looks awesome!

Email sent!

4. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Hey ! Congrats, that's a very nice game ! i love the fact it's an endless labyrinth ! Just one question : is the number of bombs unlimited ? if it's the case, it looks very easy to move and catch all the coins ! Keep me posted about the process ! Best of Luck for the launch !

5. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks a lot for the feedback ! :D
    At this point you can place up to 4 bombs simultaneously. But to reach 4 simultaneous bombs, you need to collect the '+1 bomb' pickups. After you reach 4 bombs, there are no more new '+1 bomb' pickups to collect.

We are hoping to launch in 2+ months. So, we will have good amount of time to polish everything!

6. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Malaysia
    Just drop you email on beta test :)

7. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    #7 DenizPiri, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    You can request test flight invitation with the link down below!

Request TestFlight invitation
    press the text above

Now we are working on adding GIF recording/publishing support. Just like in Steppy Pants. So far so good ! Here is a result:
    [​IMG]

We also added some custom defined areas that will be placed in between procedurally generated areas randomly. This will allow us to place some maze like areas, and present different challanges.

8. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Those are 2 awesome additions!

9. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    TestFlight invites are out !

Please keep in mind that it is very much a work in progress title. But, it will get better very quickly, I promise! :D

10. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Initial impressions after about 5 runs; very good! Graphics are solid, no stutters. Controls are very good too, I really like how tight they are.

You have the ability to cancel out of movement by tapping during walking, especially if you're like me and think CRAP stop!!
    Saved myself many times where if I wasn't able to do that I would have died pretty early.

I also like how the game predicts where you want to go. Let's call it "auto turning around a corner" I feel like most games would have you just turn left and walk into the block you're in between, stopping you. Instead we simply breeze forward and to the left. (Hope that makes sense) Only had it happen 1/10 where I didn't go left at the point I wanted to, but that's extremely forgivable.

I haven't played with sound yet, but later I'll give it a real long play session, and also try to get a high score worthy of posting about. Also the arrow/laser pointing your path is great, the only thing I noticed lacking was the onscreen representation of how many bombs you can place and how strong your flame is etc.

Really great initial beta build, you guys should be damn proud :)

11. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Malaysia
    I just drop a feedback in TestFlight. Overall the game is pretty good and solid. Just need some time to make myself comfortable with the control. Keep it up!

12. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    Wow! Thanks for the amazing feedback! We are working very hard to improve the game. As for the input, unfortunately not all the testers were happy with the input scheme, so we have some improvements to be done there :)

As for sfx and music. We didn't do any work on it yet. Everything you will hear are mockups. However, we have a great musician friend working on sfx and music as we speak :)

We will be doing all the UI graphics. And after that we are thinking of not permanently displaying the total amount of bombs or fire range. Instead, we will display it temporarily right after player picks up an '+1 bomb' for example. But we are thinking of displaying it in 3d world, to make it more visible and to prevent user's focus on the game from drifting away.

In terms of prediction. We also have an idea or two for improvements for that. But we will do those maybe even after the launch.

13. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    Here is a preview of our new swipe up animation. We hope that you like it. Soon we will have a new UI in the game.

[​IMG]

14. jaisharma

jaisharma New Member

Oct 27, 2016
  15. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    Thank you very much ! :D

We have added you to our testers list. However it will take couple of days to make a new build to send out to our testers. There have been quite many changes in the game since we posted here last time :D

I also would like to announce that game will be coming out on Playstation 4 and Xbox One as well, with local co-op support ! :D I will be giving more info about this soon ! :)

16. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone,

We wanted to get your opinion about which icon to release the game with! Our team's favorites are 7, 8 and 9. It would be great to get your opinion as well.

Thank you !!! :D

17. KMF Studio

KMF Studio Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Vietnam
  18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
  19. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I like 7

20. DenizPiri

Feb 2, 2016
    Hello everyone ! :D

We are getting very close to our release. We sent out a new test flight build today. There have been too many changes to list since our last update. But, mostly good changes, I promise :D

We settled on icon 8 and made that the app's icon. We had a poll on facebook and number 8 won.

Currently, we are working on game's trailer video. Here is a sneak peak at it :D
    [​IMG]

Please let us know if anyone wants a testflight invitation ! :D:D