Universal Modern Combat 5: Blackout - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 23, 2014.

1. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Ok cool, but I am fan moder fps

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Are original buyers seriously going to be subject to energy? I've literally dropped about $200 in the past couple of months on this game and will be PISSED!

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I have the game installed, my Veteran status is still there...

4. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    That's true didn't see that lol :) just seen the last VIP level award the veteran status :)

Still game in pretty much pay to win (if you have some skill) picked up some of the new class weapons which dropped off people I killed and totally owned with them lol :)

Then again I do nearly have a 5.0 K/D but that's not the point as it stands now the best weapons in the game are locked behind a pay

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    What a joke. This game was never on the level of MC4, 3, or 2, but gameloft really have the nerve to charge 25$ for one class (yes I know it includes some other perks). It makes me sick thinking people would actually spend that much for a couple new weapons. Gameloft has been going downhill for some time now. This was their last even simi decent game and thy still can do stuff like this. Gameloft used to be leading the mobile gaming cause, but now it's just giving it a bad reputation (as if it needed more bad feelings towards it). /rant

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I feel like people thinking $25 is too much to spend on a video game would be the real problem here, but what do I know.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Value is subjective. There is no problem here.

8. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    It's not spending 25$ on a video game, I have bought many pricy games (mostly on PC), I have a problem with them hiding content behind a huge paywall, and while the game is now f2p, this one set of gear is over three times the cost of the base game on launch. Seems very off to me.

9. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah, you're right. I worded my post too harshly towards the players who have purchased the class. They are free to spend their money however they want. My main problem is Gameloft charging much more than a premium price for something that is worth much less. I guess that's the way it goes for a f2p game, but it is very sad to see.

10. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    #2290 RoboWarrior, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Wow I'm appalled at what happened to this game with the last update. Unless you money to get VIP points, it would take forever to grind all the weapons. I'm not a good player by any means so 25 XP for every game is a disaster. At least I still have my veteran status so I don't have to worry about timers but it's disappointing to see it go form Premium, to Freemium, to Free to Pay, to finally Pay to Play. Gonna probably go and play MC4 (hopefully they didn't butcher that game yet) and WOTBlitz.

And I found out that the one time I got kicked from a game was due to me being too good, apparently I was kicked for hacking. None of my devices are jailbroken and my game stats aren't that good. Way to punish player that get in a game with bad players. Additionally has Gameloft changed the graphic settings on the iPhone 5? This game doesn't play smooth on that device at all, it's like playing on the 4s. Very smooth on the 6s plus which is expected.

11. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    #2291 Pocketnova, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Yeah, I also redownloaded MC4, I hope Gameloft gets their stuff together before the next Modern Combat game, but that seems unlikely.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    to you

13. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Ok, that was poorly phrased on my part. They added one class to a game, with the same amount of stuff as all the other classes, for 25 dollars more. That seems like a bad deal to me. But your point is valid, so I won't add any more to this discussion after I post this.

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I get what you mean, and I know you're not one of the "Lol more like LAMEloft with their GREEDY IAP!" complainers just complaining for the sake of it. But I also know that Gameloft really sincerely wanted to make the whole "pay once" thing work with this game, and it just flat out didn't. They've salvaged it by making the changes they have, and as a result this has been a very well supported game for a year and a half now. If this was Call of Duty we'd already have had to spend another $60 on the sequel by now ;)

All this is just to say that negativity breeds more negativity. If you don't want to buy the new IAP I totally get that, but I don't understand what coming into a thread just to drop a superslam on Gameloft accomplishes either.

15. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I'm fine with playing $60 for COD since at least one can grind all the weapons within the year and the only thing costing money are maps which I don't purchase anyway. And the class selection (perks, customization) isn't behind a clear paywall. On top of that at least the campaign are fun and have a decent story for a FPS game (modern warfare trilogy had one of the best plot lines in FPS so far I've played, Soap you will be missed :D)

16. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    #2296 ddw04, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Loving the game but #### chapter 4
    I've done everything prior and it won't unlock.... I've looked at the support site and did the suggestions but it didn't work.....gay I want to uninstall but don't want to cause of my progress :(

17. Michna

Michna Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi guys, is this bounty hunter class any good? I mean you collect much more diamond dust, but you can use it just for buying XP boosters, killsigns or some tier 3 (sometimes better) weapons which I usually have already... Or am I missing something?? Thanks!!

18. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    It's a ridiculously op ripoff class that overthrows the other classes,if you are crazy enough to spend 25 freaking bucks just to get 1 STUPID CLASS in some half-a$$ed,broken mobile fps then go on.

19. tide

tide Active Member

Oct 19, 2014
    yea as per Gameloft trying to make the premium part work I wish we could have a premium(were u can pay 4 d game once and pay for any extra dlc later) version and freemium version

20. crazy dad

crazy dad Active Member

Oct 21, 2010
    This plus the update for 3D Touch is soooo nice. This is the way to play. Wish they would add it to nova without making it freemium. Seriously. Hard to go back. They still support and it's a great game. Helps I purchased it so no timers and stuff. Maybe more people should have