Universal Fly Catbug Fly! (by Frederator / Cartoon Hangover)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Well... I mean like if you start out in Holojon and then it turns into hyper mode you can't unlock the next area from there?

2. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Ah okay, I understand now. I think what we can do is add on so if you pass 2000m in normal mode you unlock the next area then. It still means you traveled 1000m in hyper mode which is the achievement we'd like for people to hit before unlocking the next area. Thanks!

3. a_apple

a_apple Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Any hints on how to get the non-bread secret item?

4. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    The secret non-bread item is a very rare pickup based on a certain easter egg character within the show. The chance it'll occur during a single game is random, but keep on trying!

5. TurtleWhisperer

TurtleWhisperer New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    What about the secret achievements?

6. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    One secret achievement is connected to the secret item, the other is when you complete the game. Good luck!

7. a_apple

a_apple Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Are we sure the Dramabug achievement works? I feel like I've done everything necessary but not gotten it. But maybe I'm wrong.

8. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    The Dramabug achievement should work, you need to not only pick up each character from Dramabug but also successfully deposit them in a portal during the same run. Hope this helps!

9. WarlordBob

WarlordBob New Member

May 6, 2014
    I am also having a problem getting this achievement to activate as of 1.0.3. I've gone as far as to collect all 3 characters and drop them in the same portal. (or are there more needed)

Also, I feel it would be beneficial if the dive button superseded the 'fly up' action. As of now on the iPhone 4S, holding down anywhere else on the screen and pressing dive will cause Catbug to fly up, even if you keep holding down dive and let go of the other part of the screen.

Thanks for the great game!

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Update 1.1.0
    * Plum and Emotion Lord join the flight! Use Plum's telekinesis to fly super fast. Use Emotion Lord's Emotion Lord powers to spawn more pickups!
    * Enter the Dimension Garden from the season 2 finale of Bravest Warriors!
    * Special new Classic mode! Play like the original game that inspired Catbug!
    * Redesigned store menu for better accessorizing
    * A ridiculous amount of new costumes for Catbug! Get goat eyes, wear an afro, dress up with a fancy bowtie!
    * #0-0#

11. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    This looks so fun I don't know how I missed it before :p downloading now. :D

12. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Why do I only have one heart, now, instead of three? I have the first two areas unlocked, and that's the best I could do with three hearts. Now I have one. The next is $1500.

I was excited to start playing the game again, but after this? No way. How disappointing. Before the huge nerf, this game was great.

13. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Are you playing the classic version? With the classic one, you only get a heart. If you play normally, you should still have all your progress. If you don't play to the classic version, it is a bug. After the upgrade, I still have all my unlocks.

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Great $1 game

15. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    #96 drinkycode, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Potential save data issue?

Hey everyone, I know it's not great form for a dev to bump up a thread, but I have a huge request for anyone who has an older version of the game on their device.

We just released a 1.5 update that moves us over to a new framework in preparation for a bunch of new updates coming later this year to coincide with season 3 for the Bravest Warriors. Unfortunately, we've gotten a few emails that people have had their save data overwritten due to the new framework and losing their unlocks/costumes.

If anyone has version 1.3 or older and can update and confirm (or unconfirm) this bug that would be hugely appreciated! We have an emergency fix planned and we'll be sending out some codes for people who have lost any save data to unlock everything in the near future. Thanks everyone!

Edit: We've gone ahead and removed the app temporarily while we resolve this issue. If anyone managed to update before we updated the app let us know. Thanks!