[FREE] Shurican! Ninja, dodging, demons, fighting, deaths and then some more deaths!

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by SnoutUP, Oct 5, 2014.

1. SnoutUP

SnoutUP Well-Known Member

Hello!

I realized that I haven't posted in Android groups about my Shurican game, so finally having a content update out would be a great time to do it, while I wait for iTunes to approve update for iOS.

So, basically, it is a "flappy ninja" game. But, wait, there's more! Single tap controls allows to jump&slash, land&slash and throw shurikens. Why do you need to throw something? Because there are enemies. And obstacles are not your standard pipes too. Also, in the recent update there's a boss level. Yep. Boss level in a flappy game. Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If you like, what you see, try it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoutup.shurican

Any feedback is welcome! Also, I love screenshots of level screen with all levels completed, so tweet me them.

2. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Nice! It's much better than I expected!

There's quite a lot of polish in this game, the blood stains in the places you've died, the messages on the walls, 3 different "modes".

And the twist of tap and double tap is really interesting. The game is hard though!!

Anyway, good job :)

3. SnoutUP

Thank you!

I get that "better than expected" quite a lot, which might be pointing to the reason, why game is kind of failing. Without trying out people expect it to be another flappy bird clone and don't bother to download.

BTW, next new game mode will probably be "invaders" mini game :) And i still haven't added environmental enemy kills (except the one, where you can knock back axe-demons to the saw-blades). That might be very fun :}

4. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Yeah, the Flappy Bird effect, and then the graphics look a bit amateurish imo which doesn't help either because the controls, the level design, the mechanics and the general polish is really good.

By the way, I beat the Challenge 100%! :)

5. SnoutUP

Graphics are painful part for me. I could probably make them a little bit better (more colorful, more polished, nicer background), but it would take me a loooong time and with 2 downloads/day (iOS version) I'm not feeling super inspired to risk the time, I could spend on other games or more levels.

And good job on that challenge level! :)