iPhone War Pinball HD (Best pinball game ever in AppStore)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by svolskiy, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svolskiy

svolskiy Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    #1 svolskiy, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    Within the next few days, available on the AppStore will be the best pinball you've ever seen for the iOS platform: War Pinball HD. It's already been sent to AppStore, and the AppStore review team consider it the best of the best. ;) MGM Studios, themselves, personally entrusted us with the privilege to rendezvous in the dense jungles of Vietnam with... yes, yes, the One and Only, He at the mere mention of whose name children burst into weeping, women are spontaneously impregnated, and the Enemy flees the battlefield in panic, desperately flinging away and eternally renouncing their inadequate weapons as they trip over their soiled khaki trousers... CHUCK NORRIS (Roar of deafening applause... after a couple preliminary hours of awed silence.) Anyway, Chuck was not alone. With him was a man whose piercing glare I would recognize among a thousand others: the illustrious Charlie Sheen. (Plus a few chicks I think I may have seen at a certain Italian political figure's parties.)

Missing In Action (Starring Chuck Norris as Colonel James Braddock, the only man on Earth capable of rescuing American POWs from the Vietnam War)

Platoon (Charlie Sheen shows us the war, the way it really was)

Navy SEALs (Featuring Charlie Sheen in the role of a real, live sea lion :) )

We've really outdone ourselves designing three tables based on these terrific war films. We pushed back the release date a few times when we found more ways to optimize our 3D engine, which now includes extended capabilities for the iPad 2 (my hearty congratulations for everyone who's already managed to buy one). So, we were really self-critical and continuously revised to arrive at the ultimate end result. What else can I say? We put a ton of thought into creating this game for you.

For the time being, check out the trailer and screenshots from the
    game while Apple is preparing a pleasant surprise for you.

YouTube: video

And here you can read Jared's impressions of War Pinball HD.

Attached Files:

2. svolskiy

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    by the way, we added antialiasing option in War Pinball for iPhone 3GS device ;)

3. ayrton1

ayrton1 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Cleveland,Oh. Usa
    Pinball

I love pinball but its hard to find a good simulation. This one has promise but you never know. Looking forward to trying it out in a few days.

Ayrton

4. svolskiy

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    You can try Pinball HD and Slayer Pinball HD Rocks while waiting for War Pinball HD ;)

5. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    These tables look really great. Compared to Pinball HD they look a lot more "contemporary."

Is the physics improved over Pinball HD? The physics in Pinball HD weren't awful by any means, but certain pinball tricks that are possible on a real machine simply weren't possible in Pinball HD. Specifically interaction between the ball and the flippers. Sometimes the ball felt super heavy, and sometimes the ball would feel like it didn't have any mass at all.

I recommend you get the iPhone app, Pinball 101 (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinball-101/id396146403?mt=8). It shows some common pinball tricks that really add to the experience, and I think it would be really incredible if you tried to make sure all of those things were possible with your simulation. I realize a more accurate pinball simulation takes more CPU, so if this was a performance hit maybe only enable the better physics on the iPad 2!

Still though, as a pinball fanatic I won't be able to resist buying this on day one ;).

6. Now this is a must have, even if the ideea of this game it's like really old I loved it all the time!

7. svolskiy

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    War Pinball HD approved and today will go live in AppStore! :)

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Awesome, you guys also had a front page cover!

9. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Is this just for ipad, or for all ios, like all the other gameprom pinball games?

10. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #10 Mookmonster, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
    I love gameprom pinball games
    they are fricken awesome.

But, it is with sadness, that I have to say I am kinda shocked. I had been searching for war pinball relentlessly for the last several days on the app store on my ipod touch 3g. This morning, I finally decided to search using itunes on my laptop.

to my utter horror, I found out that war pinball HD is ipad only, unlike every other pinball game gameprom has produced.

All I can say, is that I really hope this game comes to the iphone and the ipod touch, because I know a ton more people will buy it.

My only guess is maybe there are some hardware restrictions that require this game to be only on ipads, but I doubt it. Please please please release this game for all ios devices. Gameprom pinball rocks on ipod touch, and I really want it to continue rocking!

11. pogosov

pogosov Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    War Pinball for iPhone and Retina is in review.

12. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    The game is amazing. Pinball HD was one of my favorites, one of the few pinball games I feel has great psychics and that feels "right". The board layout on these together with all the original sound bites makes this a winner.

Great job. :)