Universal The Walking Dead: Assault (by Skybound LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sotoro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I'm hoping ep 2 brings in a few more mission objectives, go here open this, restart power and defend this point, and so on. Doesn't need to go overboard, just something to mix it up a bit.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #102 bramblett05, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    I was looking at achievements and I think that's all of them. They talk about hunters and that's the 3rd episode

Never mind on the level now I was wrong.

3. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I'd have enjoyed this much more I think, had their been only one character to control per level. It feels a little too clunky for me to enjoy.

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I haven't played this game much for the fear of spoilers, since I just started reading the comics.

Are there any spoilers in this game? If so, up until which issue in the comic does the game go up to?

5. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    The character roster is really going to be the biggest spoiler, I think, since there's otherwise no real dialogue. It's a pretty simple game in most respects.

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=168149][​IMG][/thread] [thread=168121][​IMG][/thread] [thread=168128][​IMG][/thread] [thread=168133][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167866][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=168158][​IMG][/thread] [thread=168119][​IMG][/thread] [thread=168143][​IMG][/thread] [thread=168395][​IMG][/thread] [thread=168113][​IMG][/thread]
    Click on icons to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]THE WALKING DEAD: ASSAULT[/size]
    is a nominee for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    28/11/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this official game based on Robert Kirkmans Eisner Award-winning comic series?

[size=+3][thread=168267]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]
    - Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
    12-06-2012 at 07:13 PM

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks! I'll read a few more issues first then.. :)

8. louisear

louisear Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Game Producer
    Phnom Penh, Cambodia
    look cool. i like this style.

9. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Won't bother voting it for GotW, since the guy who does the thread runs it like an overlord, overriding actual votes in favor of games he personally thinks should win. But this is definitely my game of the week, regardless. I'm having a great time redoing chapters to complete bonus objectives, which can be quite challenging. The presentation and progression of this game are just such a joy.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Think thats a bit harsh. He spends a lot of tiem collating all the votes etc.

But there are often spam/shill posts which he then has to delete out, i havent come across any problems with the way he does it. Glad he spends the free time helping us out.

As for this app i would vote for it 100%, great game

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    This and sky gamblers were tied last time I looked

12. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Can anyone tell me what's after hard mode? I completed the last level in hard mode without losing any team members and the difficulty after hard mode is still locked....

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ign rated this 7.5 saying its to slimplistic and iap agressive. I been playing this without iap doesn't bother me and ill gladly pay for the other levels

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No idea why I waited so long to pick this one up... But now that I've got it, I'm regretting not getting it sooner. It's a fantastic title. Love the gameplay, controls... And the graphics are just beautiful. Also great how much 'currency' is given out in each stage. I'm really tempted to purchase some through IAP to support the Devs. =oD

15. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yeah, it's one of the most well-balanced games I've played in a while on iOS. The chapters and bonus objectives get pretty interesting too later on. Can't wait for the additional episodes to release.

As an aside, I'm really loving having Dale in my party. I unlocked him a while ago but never bothered to use him because he has low HP and speed. But man, that extended range he gives to your party is sweeeeeeeet. :D

16. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    In my opinion it gives more than enough currency as I have a feeling that the hard difficulty is way too easy after a playthrough on normal (or easy), as you keep your upgrades.
    Better buy the upcoming episodes.
    And yes, if you like the comics the graphics are just awesome and right :)

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    How do you get the hunters to kill the undead?

18. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Is anyone else having problems unlocking the achievement kill 1500 walkers in Game Center?

I have achieved this twice now in the game (reseted my data to see if unlocking it twice works) am able to see the trivia it unlocks but for some reason Game Center just doesn't want to unlock it

I hate being stuck at 56/57 acheivements unlocked :(

19. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    I find Walking Dead Assault a good game, but not enough to capture the real essence of zombie apocalypse like Telltale Games did with their version. It's just about killing walkers and collecting supplies. I can do that just fine in Dead Trigger. Perhaps I set my expectations too high? Well, don't let my personal opinion get in your way if you're thinking of getting this one.

20. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I'm enjoying it so far but I do find a couple issues that hamper my enjoyment.

1. The gameplay is repetitive. If it had varied missions like "kill all walkers", "collect xx supplies", "reach destination b without getting killed" it might be better. After all, the comic is not just about killing the zombies: it's about survival. And another point to this: in the comic a gunshot will cause walkers to come after you, but in the game that's not so.

2. Controls. I find myself rotating when I'm trying to zoom and vice versa. I like to play games like this with a stylus (or one hand). If there was the option to add manual buttons that the screen could be rotated and zoomed with one finger I would enjoy it more.

Any thoughts?