Game is purchased but removed from App Store.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DonnyDJ76, Nov 23, 2012.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'd highly appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. I bought Let's Golf 2 HD (Gameloft) before it was removed from the App Store and would like to have it back. I did not sync it to the computer, so there doesn't seem to be a way to get it back. Is it safe to find the ipa file for the game on usenet or on the www and simply place it into the correct folder? The iPad is not jail broken. Thanks for any help.

Don

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Check your purchased history on your iPad AppStore app, it should be there

3. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    It should be in your bought games list but you wil have to manualy search for it the search function is wothless

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Sometimes apps an even disappear out of the purchased section...in that case, you could probably ask for a refund.

5. AppealPlay

AppealPlay Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    USA
    I've purchased at least one application that was later removed from iTunes and it has remained in my purchase history and available for download. I suspect if you check your purchased apps you'll find it there. :)

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    A huge thank you! I was able to go back to the iPad and search through the purchased apps not on the iPad via ABC order until it showed up. I figured GameLoft took it down from the app store because they didn't want it to compete with their freemium sequel, which happens to be good as well.

7. I don't see how apple doesn't implement a search of purchased apps. Everytime I get an app pulled, got to go through 6000 old records, probably take hours. So I give up, guess that's what apple wants. :(

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    They do on the purchased history. The problem is it sucks. Project 81183 was taken off the App Store and, yes, I had to scroll through to find it and it took forever. What I don't understand is why a simple search function on a list that already is showing up on your device doesn't work. Apple has to have some pretty sh*tty programmers.