$15 US iTunes Gift Card to win for free game review

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by niceliu, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    reviewed as Shiatama_0_2013 on us appstore
    really cute game but to difficult, can't pass level 3. please lower target score in earlier levels of the game

2. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Malaysia
    Reviewed as williams yee on US app store

3. rnarvin

rnarvin Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reviewed as rnarvin on the US App Store at 7:36. Thanks so much for the contest!

4. forfun

forfun Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    reviewed as funkysimf in US app store

5. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Reviewed as Otomeheart in the US appstore

6. quantumcore

quantumcore Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Reviewed as DiscoverYou in US AppStore.

Reviewed as DiscoverYou in US AppStore.

7. SuckerMAN

SuckerMAN Active Member

May 10, 2013
    When are the winners supposed to be announced?

8. SuckerMAN

SuckerMAN Active Member

May 10, 2013
  9. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    I don't think they have that intention really. They just posted and left. Sad. If they don't reply or announce the winner, I'm gonna change my review.

10. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Never enter contests that don't specify an end date. It could be year 2507 for all we know, and that's completely legal.

11. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Koblenz, Germany
    Learned that the hard way. It's just that a lot of people on TA are uber cool so i accidentally extrapolate that to everyone :)

12. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Well, not too hard! It was free to enter atleast, and only took a few minutes of your life.
    Some people spend thousands on these sorts of scams, that would really be "learning the hard way".
    Just change the review, I've seen many people do it before when they find out a contest was a lie and they wrote "don't trust any of these reviews, it was a contest for an iTunes card, the game is crap".
    It only tAkes a single review to discard all the positive ones! That's why it is very risqué to hold these fake review scams.
    But for all we know, the dev could come back and announce a winner.
    I've seen it happen before. Sometimes they just forget and get busy with other things, which is completely understandable, although, they should be more professional and punctual when their brand names reputation is on the line.

13. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Koblenz, Germany
    Hard way was just an expression :)
    I will not go so far as to ruin all the other reviews. I have no idea if all of them were obtained the same way. Like you say, they might just be busy or have forgotten. It was my mistake for not asking what is the date when they announce the winner :)

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Try and contact the dev via the app store. I'll also PM him here to see if i can get a response.

'If' theres no winner then thats a shame, yet on the other hand its depressing seeing so many people write a 5 star review just to try and win a gift voucher, that just ruins app store reviews as so many are fake. You see it over and over, someone will write a glowing 5 star review for a terrible app (as they're basically begging for 5 star reviews) just so that person can try and win a voucher, depressing.

15. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    The Dev last access to TA was like Months ago.

Completely Abandoned

16. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Koblenz, Germany
    I did not give a 5 star review. That is not a 5 star game. I gave an honest review. In the long run, my review helps him a lot more than 20 superficial fake-ish 5 star ones. People are not stupid and they see through superficial ratings.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    But its still a pain. If i see a 5 star review and just a few words i ignore it, but other times its not always easy to see whats a 'real' 5 star review and what isnt. Its like 'boy who cried wolf' as in now when i see a 5 star review (which may be legit) i tend not to believe it as i think 'ahhh must be a review for someone whos begging to win an itunes voucher'.

You may give an honest review, most dont and leave a 5 star review for a dire game as they think a 5 star review will give them a better chance to win. I'll be very surprised if the dev gives the voucher to someone who leaves a 1 or 2 star review

18. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Koblenz, Germany
    You are right about the bunch of empty 5 star reviews. Personally, I usually look at 5 star ones in doubt. I usually compare the game to the reviews and also read all the other reviews and see what they say. If you have 500 reviews, but 250 are 5 stars and 250 are 1 and 2 stars or even 3, I start reading more :)

...but that is me.

If I would do (and I will in a few months) a contest, I'd give the voucher to 1-2 star reviews. However, I would automatically disqualify anyone that curses, swears, etc.

I also think that reviews in which people say they hate the game are way off. To hate something you have to spend a long time with it or that something has done something extremely horrible. Most people do not appreciate or value the true power/meaning of things they say (that goes both for negative and positive remarks).