A funny way to promote our iPad app Flockwork!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ReignDesign, Jun 29, 2012.

1. ReignDesign

ReignDesign Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Thought some fellow devs might find this amusing!

We launched our iPad puzzle game Flockwork a few weeks ago, and it's been getting some great reviews, but we wanted to spread the word further.

We're a small team and we don't have a big marketing budget, so we wondered what the best thing we could do with $50 was. So we hired ten people from the site Fiverr.com (an online marketplace where everything costs $5) to make videos about Flockwork. Here is the result!

2. mapacible

mapacible Member

Feb 25, 2012
    haha! i used fiverr to have a few people post about my game on their twitter account. not very helpful because the twitter accounts are purely marketing accounts and does not seem to have real twitter friends.

i read about flockwork being promoted by FAAD. was it helpful considering that the app is for ipad?

3. ReignDesign

ReignDesign Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    We got a few thousand free downloads, but it didn't seem to have a lasting effect once we went back to paid.

4. mapacible

mapacible Member

Feb 25, 2012
    hmm...few thousand doesnt sound good considering the result and their rates nowadays.

5. worldalpha

worldalpha Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Clever idea. Unfortunately, based on the views on the videos, they haven't gone exactly viral yet. I thought about doing something along the same lines with Fiverr, but looking at your YouTube views, I'm wondering if that $50 is better spent elsewhere.