I'm building an army - now recruiting

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Charybdis, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Charybdis

Charybdis Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    [​IMG]

This is Scylla, the beautifully hideous canine deity. She likes nothing more than frolicking in meadows and chasing butterflies, after a hard day of tearing Greek sailors limb from limb. She is also the mascot of my company, Scylla Games.

This is a call to arms. I need healthy volunteers for a new army I am forming. The enemy is obscurity. Marketing is a vast dark swampland, and for a lone developer such as I, it is a scary and dangerous place.
    I need a group of loyal game enthusiasts, who can spread word about my games. Posting on social media sites, forums such as this one, contributing to discussions on my threads, stuff like that, to generate a bit of a buzz when needed. I don't like spam, and I won't ask for anything unethical. If you don't like my games then you don't need to say anything. What I am offering in return is free copies of my games, credits in upcoming games and first dibs on playtesting.

If you are interested, please PM me with a few words about why you want to join why I should let you join. To be clear, I am looking for serious people who can be part of my small community, not just people who want a few free games. I'm not offering that much and I am not asking for much. I hope this endeavor can be of benefit to us all.

About myself: I entered the games industry by working for Cyberlife, the company that made the "Creatures" series. I also worked in Q-Games, where I made the original graphics engine for the PixelJunk PSN Games series, for games such as Racers and Monsters. I also made the background waves for the PS3 menu and the music visualisers. In addition, I have been an academic roboticist for quite a while. My specialities are graphics, Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Life.

Scylla games is a new company, and has released games such as PinPon, PinPon Duel and AngelBounce. My latest game BlibBlob will be on the store next month. Currently I am working on Glade and an as yet unnamed strategy game involving zombies.

Thanks for reading,

Dale

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
  3. Charybdis

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    Thanks Jordan
    We're on the move!

4. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
  5. Charybdis

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    Rollin' rollin'
    We've got 7 troops already. I'm feeling good.
    It's going to be a formidable force

6. Attollos Technologies

Attollos Technologies Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    iPhone Development Company
    Do you use twitter? There's a retweet on there called idtrg which is awesome for small developers to come together.

7. Charybdis

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    Hi, thanks for the message.
    Yeah, I use twitter. I will check it out.

8. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
  9. Charybdis

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    I have set up a private group for us all to communicate in. Thanks again to all who have joined so far.

10. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    sent! your games look really really good. looking forward to helping with them

11. Charybdis

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    Thanks phattestfatty
    Welcome to our army. You'll all be playtesting BlibBlob soon.
    And let me know if you want to playtest my new zombie game too.

12. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Pm sent, look forward to more games from you with the excellent quality of blibblob

13. Charybdis

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    Welcome aboard matey. I am always looking for new recruits

14. SuperMexican

SuperMexican Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Athlete at Nike Factory Kansas City
    Kansas City, Kansas
  15. Charybdis

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    Thanks, your interest is most welcome :)