Games with the most longevity

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jt09, Jul 12, 2009.

1. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I was just wondering what are the games with the most longevity, going on a long plane ride soon...

2. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I'd recommend any of the following: Zenonia, Real Racing, Star Hogs, and Rolando 2.

3. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I thought rolando 2 would be a long game but I ended up beating it rather fast..

4. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Well, it has replay value in getting all the medals. But I guess that depends on how much you like replaying games for achievements, etc.

The other 3 are great, though. Well worth all their asking prices.

5. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I already have several racing games but I have heard a lot about both star hogs and zenonia... should i get one of those over peggle?

6. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    - Toki Tori and Bobby Carrot Forever will take quite a bit of time to finish.

- The Quest is a huge rpg.

- Myst

7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
  8. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Rogue Touch. I swear you will NEVER finish that one or I'll....;)

9. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Hmm already have toki tori and bobby carrot looks kinda odd...

10. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Peggle is very fun.

It's hard to agree on one game though. Some people get bored after too much repetitive play.
    Zenonia is a good option too though.

11. dorino

dorino Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I play peggle daily.
    I have peggle on my iPod, my PC, my Mac, my OTHER PC, and my effing cellphone. I bought all copies legitimately, and if you know me that means it's worth it.

=P

12. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Haha nice.. how many levels are in peggle?

13. GaiaIllusion

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Oh, plenty to keep you satisfied and going. Bring a friend along though, to play versus mode too.

14. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Peggle is great, but honestly get something else with it. It only lasts so long. I would go with both Star Hogs and Zenonia...

Also, you said you have played a bunch of racing games... none of them are like Real Racing. It blows all of the competition out of the water.

15. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    #15 Uhgii, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    I still don't, and never will, understand the appeal of Peggle. I've played it, and found it terribly boring. The only popcap game I enjoyed less (most of which I'm not a huge fan of) was Bejeweled, which is hands down the most boring, tedious game I've ever tried to play through.

Unless you're a hardcore casual gamer (hah... I couldn't resist), I'd stray away from titles like that, and pick up something more like DinoSmash Online or Bomber Online for action with incredible replayability (and multiplayer to boot). To me, replayability isn't found in achievements, but in content worth playing through over and over again, whether it be due to randomly generated levels, or multiplayer aspects. Word games (Crosswords, Word Fu, Wurdle), logic and puzzle games (Latkin, Cablink), sports games (X2 Football, Real Soccer), and strategy games (Uniwar, Star Hogs) also offer a lot of longevity for different reasons.

This is of course *my* recommendation, offering you something other than casual game addictions.

Silly Peggle... *shakes head* ;)

(To prevent me from getting "flamed" - I'll say I don't *hate* peggle or Popcap Games, but after trying them, I really just can't understand the appeal. Snood is the closest I'll ever get to a "casual game addiction," and that was so long ago. Although I'd love to hear why Peggle is so good from some of you millions of fan boys out there. :p)

16. GaiaIllusion

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Well, I was the same way with Peggle before I bought it on 0.99 sale. Never really got the point of the game. Now for some reason I just like playing it whenever I need a short gaming round.

17. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    He can't do online on a plane...

18. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    Well, it was not only in response to him - and every game (aside from DinoSmash) is playable single player as well. Multiplayer *adds* to longevity, perhaps for after his plane trip is over?

If it'll make you feel any better, ignore DinoSmash Online, and look into any of the other games/genres I mentioned. They're all applicable for long plane trips, and they'll provide longevity well after.

19. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I actually already have dinosmash lol... but I did look into your suggestions and ended up getting word fu which actually looks really fun.

20. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Zenonia and Beatrider Touch. The first is probably the only quality RPG in the app store and the latter has infinite replayability.