iPad Crazy Hedgy (3D platformer from Cybertime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arta, Dec 20, 2011.

1. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I agree with you 100% here except that I think the controls are reversed (left for jumping, right for combat).

I must say that this game wouldn't nearly be as fun though if it were not for these controls. Any other control method would just make the game feel bland and not designed for iOS. (Like Infinity Blade with buttons only instead of swiping)

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#102 Habakuk, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    Well it made it to the front page, okay—sort of:

[​IMG]

There are some remarks about Crazy Hedgy in the comments by…
    …nobody less than Dr. Arnold Kim! (Founder and owner of MacRumors, touchArcade and AppShopper. Congratulations for the touchArcade App btw. Can't await it.)

AND! Don't forget to VOTE for Crazy Hedgy in the tAGOTW contest! Don't let a freemium game win. :eek:

PLEASE go voting right now! (There are only a few hours left.)

Especially because stupid me voted erratically for the wrong game. I just clicked the wrong dot and can't undo it. Help me to correct my fault and vote for CH.

3. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Just finished the game, you guys are going to love the ending. :)

Now to collect the remaining gold coins

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Glad to hear that...

BTW: an update just hit in the US. Apparently they've improved trampoline jumping (didn't realize there was a problem) and the zipline sections, as well as enhancing the tutorials and level tweaks. How they got that through with the App Store closed I have no idea :D.

5. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Wow!

Hi Everybody!

It is so awesome to hear that you like our game! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    The update which were released today was mostly originated through this thread and app store reviews.
    App store reopend today and within about five hours our update were published.

Next minor update will be coming next week and we are just start working on the next big update and want to include your feedback. So please give us your thoughts!

The game level menu/map will be completely new and much attractive. Also we wanna include some bonus levels and of course the fourth world!
    Last but not least, we want to develop the most beautiful game avaiable on the app store. As habakuk said, the graphics are now optimised for running smooth on 3gs. For 4 and 4s/iPad2 we have a couple of ideas which will make the game definitely THE graphical benchmark on iOS!

Please rate us on app store for beeing more popular!
    If we'll be toucharcade's game of the week, we gonna be very, very proud an get an afterburner in developing next update! Thank you so much for your support!

Catch you later!
    Greets
    Raffael

6. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I'm always grateful towards a dev who brings a polished and refreshingly different experience, especially when he's new to iOS, which you seem to be.

Hope your revenues are up to your expectations. You certainly deserve it.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Welcome to TA! You should be very proud of Crazy Hedgy. The game is easily one of the best of the year, and without a doubt the biggest iOS surprise I can think of. Glad to head that you plan to push the game even further.

8. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Welcome to TouhArcade! :) Most of us here really love your game and we hope to see more games of this quality in the future!

9. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks dev! Your game is awesome, and the controls are insanely great. Hope to see much more from you in the future.

10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Welcome to tA, Cybertime CEO Raffael!

Seems if Crazy Hedgy won the tA Game of the Week Contest! Let's wait for the official announcement but I dare to say: CONGRATULATIONS!

Well-deserved! And the tA members prove their good taste.

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Just finished it and it was one of the most polished and surprising game i've ever played on IOS! For the fourth world it would be great to keep the trend with a bold new environment and new ways to play.
    You should be really proud ;)

12. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    The UI was the only thing not saying WOW in this game. With that update this game will be top class!

13. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Does the game have good re playability?

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yup it will definitely take you a whole to collect all the coins after you beat the game (15 hours +). Also you have many power ups which can then be upgraded to become even more useful.

There's also an Arena where you do an endless number of challenges to try and get a high score.

15. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Awesome, ill pick it up.

Also, just followed you on Twitter :)

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Will virtual d-pad be considered?

The initial release of Space Tripper is tilt-only and later it is found that relative touch control works and has been implemented.

I don't mind tilt but playing games using tilt-only while travelling can give you a hair-raise...

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Agreed -- I'm glad that they are revisiting it. Frankly it felt a bit tacked on, and nowhere near as classy as the one for, say, Terra Nocte.

Then again, it tells you something about the game that the only thing I can complain about is the level-select menu :D.

18. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    From their FB :

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Can anyone link a video review of this game?

20. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    CRAZY HEDGY is TOUCH ARCADE GAME OF THE WEEK 21/12/11

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks a lot for your votes!

Crazy Hedgy is the 25th game on the TAGOTW Hall of Fame and it marks the last game of TAGOTW 2011.
    Check it out with all of TAGOTW winners for your game references in TAGOTW archive : [thread=110389]HERE[/thread]

And don't forget to vote again in the year of 2012.
    Get in touch with first TAGOTW of 2012 on 04/01/2012 where you can start nominating your favorite game of the new year.

Also, it's two days left to vote for Touch Arcader's Game of the Year.
    Jump in and vote if you haven't done yet : [thread=112564]HERE[/thread]

All the best for you all in the upcoming year!!!