iPhone Plants vs. Zombies HD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KGameLover1, Mar 28, 2010.

1. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    So.... we know nothing other than there is a special iPad version (which was posted about by arn)

So.... thoughts on what could be in it?
    Improved graphics is probably in there, but what else could there be?
    The zen garden? The Bejeweled and Insaniquarium-type minigames?
    Either way, I'm still buying it. :)

2. polyfonken

polyfonken Well-Known Member

as long as it includes the sweet sing-along music video you get after finishing the main game, i'll buy :D

3. Flying-Jew

Flying-Jew Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I think it wouldn't lag as bad as the iPhone/iPod touch version did; hopefully!

4. Yeah, I want to buy it on iTunes!

5. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Press Start Studio
    Didn't the folks of PopCap specifically stated there wouldn't be an iPad version of PvZ ?

6. AlexFerrigno

AlexFerrigno Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    England
    Maybe they did, but it was in the list of games of pre-approved iPad games that's been doing the rounds

7. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    its probably a full PC port

8. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Reception for Apple's recently-announced iPad has been lukewarm in places, with fans criticizing the device for not even being able to determine what software they install on it, among other things. PopCap co-founder John Vechey seems excited about the device though, if with at least one caveat.
    Vechey believes that the iPad will be more important in three years or so, comparing it to the amount of time it took for the iPod to get momentum. It'll be the second generation that will truly impress, he told Eurogamer.

"I think it will change gaming," he added. "Here's this new device that gets to more people with a really great e-commerce model attached to it. It's really easy to buy on the iPhone - that's part of what makes it successful."

In particular, Vechey believes that the iPad will be 'perfect' for real-time strategy, saying that the experience may "actually be more fun than a lot of different game experiences you can get with a PC or console." He also said that PopCap would be supporting the device, though he wasn't sure which games would be ported to it.

"I don't know if this is a PopCap position or my word, but we're certainly going to support it - I want to play Plants vs Zombies on that," he said. "It feels good to touch, right?"

Some of the challenges of working with the device include improving the user interface from that of the iPhones. He doesn't believe that PopCap games on the iPad will be "there own thing separately," but they probably won't be straight ports from the iPhone either.

"It's going to be, 'Oh, here's some more features for the iPad' - a little bit more cool, a little bit more immersion, but with the same core similarities," he said.

The first wifi-only iPad will be out next month, with a wifi and 3G model to follow in April. We'll undoubtedly be seeing a slew of PopCap games soon after.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177935

9. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    ^^Interesting.