Zombie Apocalypse - Follower Z

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hansol420, Feb 17, 2016.

1. hansol420

hansol420 Member

Nov 24, 2015
    #1 hansol420, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Hi all,
    We are currently making a top down hybrid RTS zombie game. (Not sure what else to call it)
    Basic concept is to infect civilians and make massive zombie army and conquer the world :)

You control the lord unit and infected ones will follow you around.
    But these followers all have unique skills and the lord/hero unit have 5 usable skills. There are also 3rd force which is a group that's hostile to both zombie and human.

It also has real time multiplayer mode where you can battle other player. (CO-OP Mode will be added after launch)

City Stage 3

[​IMG]

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Put me down for a tester. This looks good

3. hansol420

hansol420 Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Thank you Jay! I will get back to you once PvP mode is finished which will be most likely by end of march. I'll keep you posted!

4. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Looks great :) I'm definitely intrested!

Is the aim to get the most infected or to clear the level of all living things? (I.e a mix of dead and infected).

5. hansol420

hansol420 Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Hi Back2funk, Thank you very much for your interest!
    Getting civilians infected and killing every other units are part of mission in the game.
    Perhaps the trailer doesn't really show how the gameplay is in detail. So some people who have watched it ask me if it's a simple "gather and get bigger" kind of casual game. Well, yes that is one way to become powerful in the game but the core fun part of the gameplay is not only controlling the hero unit but also the combination of followers (infected/recruited Civilians)

There are 3 major mode: Single story mode / Endless wave survival mode / Arena PVP mode
    We plan to launch 100 stages for Zombie and another 100 for human side of story using same map. But each map has different mission such as Elimination, survive for #sec, Eliminate Lord unit, get to position A to B and etc. And I think you get the idea of other 2 modes.

Have you played Warcraft 3? (I hope most of us on this forum have). Basically the follower units in this game have unique attack skill like in Warcraft. (unit that stuns like tauren, unit that heals like witch doctor, unit that has long range and etc). There are total 5 different types of civilians running around, and player may select up to 5 different types of Zombies/Human resistance that are assign to each civilian in "Laboratory" menu before entering the stage. There are total 15 follower units available to choose, which is plenty for player to try various combination. So the key is to find the best suitable combination for each stage, as well as in Arena PvP mode. Also, Hero unit have 1 unique skills + 4 consumable buff that affects followers as well. So the hero control is also very important. I hope I said it easy for you to understand but it's hard to describe since we haven't found any similar games yet. But I would say its all mix of Agar.io + Warcraft 3 + Zombie infection games?

This game started casual but we got greedy and made it little hardcore considering it's a mobile game. So yea if you are looking for something more than casual game, I'm sure you will find this game very entertaining. :)

I made a Follower unit spotlight video to give better understanding, hope this video will help :)

6. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Thanks for the detailed reply :) it's all clear now.
    To be honest, I was hoping for something s little more casual as I have a back log of more 'hardcore games' on my consoles and don't want to add to that on my idevices too. I was hoping for a kind of reverse 'the last guy' - the old PS3 game.

I'm still intrigued though so will certainly check it out when it's available.

Thanks again :)

7. hansol420

hansol420 Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Hi, thank you for your honest opinion.
    You know, perhaps "hardcore" wouldn't be the proper word. What I meant was it's just more than casual games like flappy bird or similar to that level because this you can customize your group the way you want to play. Plus considering this is on mobile platform, we designed each stage to last only for 2~5 minutes, (which could maybe long for some users). And we are currently working on PvP mode to last no more than 3 minutes per round. I guess I could say it's casual RTS then :)

Anyways, yes please do check it out when it's available. I'm sure you will find yourself playing this game more than console games! (I hope :D)
    [​IMG]

8. hansol420

hansol420 Member

Nov 24, 2015