Favorite devs/publishers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dankrio, May 15, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #1 Dankrio, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    There are many cool ones on Apple Store. Some of my favorites: Simogo, Telltale, Rocketcat, Pixelbite, Crescent Moon, Square, Wadjet, Mooff, Inkle, Tin Man, Foursaken Media, Butterscotch.

Which are yours? Always eager to find new ones.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    My favorites are: Zeptolab, Ustwo, Square Enix, Umbrella, Nitrome, Rovio, Chillingo, Perchang, Martin Magni and many others.

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, I'd have to say Square Enix, Simogo and Inkle too. Also love Rayark, Laser Dog, RareSloth, Amirali Rajan (the guy behind A Dark Room), DotEmu, Crescent Moon, Supergiant, Rodeo and Fireproof.

And then there's Capcom, who have some brilliant games - MHFU, Ghost Trick - but don't play the iOS update game.

4. johndoep

johndoep Active Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Snowpopcorn (just for Dragon Encounter :p), Telltale, Blizzard, Valve, Square Enix are on the top of my list

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Great dev names on this thread... Adding these if they havent been mentioned yet:

FDG Entertainment, Radiangames, DotEmu, Otto Ojala, Kemco and even Square Enix (despite their freemium spinoffs, all their other premium ports have been fantastic, even if FF7 falls a little shorter than the rest, and let's not forget the GO titles too).

Also, special mention to these fantastic devs: Frogmind (Badland 1&2), Tree Men Games (Pako), Foursaken Media (tons of fantastic titles), Imangi (Temple Run series) and Firi Games (Phoenix HD) for sticking with their brainchildren and keeping them updated with fixes and content updates all throughout the years.

And one more thing... Despite the massive loss of MHFU post-iOS8, at least Capcom is soon going to release (currently on soft launch) MHXR which is a well-balanced MH spinoff with a more favorable (to them and consumers alike) pay model. Hopefully this one sticks for a long time, and gets consistent updates (even the PSP MH titles back in the day were getting tons of DLC updates). And for that, i still have respect for Capcom.

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Lot of good mentions.
    Donut games another, and trinity games.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oooooo...

I'll probably miss some but here are some of my favorites:;:

Trese Brothers
    Touch Dimensions
    Chimera Software
    OrangePixel
    Rodeo Games
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Doragon Entertainment/Sunny Tam
    Firi Games
    Foursaken Media
    Fluttermind
    Rocketcat Games
    Grumpyface Studios
    Kemco
    Square Enix
    Cave
    Rebel Twins
    Newtype KK
    Rubicon
    Rayark
    Isotope 244
    Beavertap Games
    Hexage
    Pixelbite
    DotEmu
    True Axis
    Supergiant Games
    Winterworks/Jorg Winterstein
    Cascadia Games
    Michael Brough
    Tiger Style

There were a few that I intentionally left off because of their lack of response with known bugs (Radiangames and CrescentMoon, I'm lookin your way)

8. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Quantum Sheep