Fallout 1 + 2 & Tactics (PC/Mac) - FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by undeadcow, Dec 13, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    For another day Gog.com is offering PC/Mac editions of Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics FREE, this is likely the last chance people will have to download these digital restriction management (DRM) free (direct download - no background software, serial codes, or hassle) since the license is changing hands in 2014. GOG requires a site account, which is easy to create and they have good deals on classic desktop games.

http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013

2. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    It's true! D:

Attached Files:

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Finally got Fallout 2, almost bought it on Steam last week too

How are Fallout 1 and Tactics?

4. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Really? You need to play through 1 and 2.
    Tactics, not as much.
    1 and 2 are about as good as games get.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Old legend game, time for install and play it again.

Thanks for share

6. Buzzrick

Buzzrick Member

May 23, 2012
    When you say that "the license is changing hands in 2014", do you think that means that once this license has changed hands, we will no longer be able to download these from GOG, even if we've bought them there?
    Or do you think that if we purchase these today that we'll still be able to download them in a few years time?

7. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    This is incredible! You get so much for free. Soundtrack, Fallout bible, wallpaper, avatars, etc. and for each game too.

Attached Files:

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    GOG has assured users that Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics will remain available for download indefinitely for people who purchased (or here acquired as freebie) indefinitely. There's a possibility that as software/hardware advances Fallout(s) will require additional patches to work, and GOG won't support with further refinement to guarantee future proof of the downloads but with classics like this there will probably be community patches.
    There's no reason not to get the trilogy on GOG, since they're all free. Even if you duplicate from Steam, having DRM free editions is nice.

9. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks for pointing this out, I've been wanting to try these for ages!

10. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Def should play 1 and 2!! Man, I was totally obsessed with those games back in the day.

11. Kubaton

Kubaton Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks for the info, undeadcow. I picked these up even though I have the original media lying around somewhere.

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for the heads up. Usually I get an email from gog on this stuff, but not this time. +3 to the gog library. :)

13. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Heads up on the deal. I went to my pc to login and get the deal but it said the promo was over. BUT the button to gift was still there so I clicked it and it went in my cart. I couldn't complete the gifting but one of the games I owned (the first one was free before) so I detected the one I owned and it let me uncheck gifting it and it let me check out.

So get it while the getting is good!

14. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Happily jumped on this one hours ago. I knew there was a reason I put up with their daily emails. :p

15. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok is this offer legit or am I going to get a virus?

16. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    GOG is a large scale software vendor that sells direct downloads, they're a reputable and well known company. Free Fallout games seems too good to be true, but it's legit. Explanation might be that since GOG is being forced to remove the Fallout series from sale this freebie is likely a "buzz off" to the next company that is forcing the series removal. If they can't sell Fallouts anymore, they might as well give it away when they can legally do so.

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    What makes you think it's not legit? gog is a very well known and reputable site that has been around for over 5 years. They are as legit as steam.

18. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #18 Nobunaga, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Offer is good for another day + 8 hours according to the timer.
    Just got them checked out.
    Gifting of free apps on GOG is disabled ATM.
    If it means much to you, I'd suggest trying again. Just don't check the one you already own and it should work. If you own anything in your cart it won't let the order go through except as a gift order.
    Cheers.

Edit: if anyone is interested and can't get to a computer you can access your acct and add these to it from your phone.

19. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I did get it to work. Not sure why my PC shows the deal was over. On mg iPhone it said it still had time left. Whatever. Deal completed.

20. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    nice, I am looking forward to playing these