Who wants to see Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes on the iPhone?!?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by renofantym, Mar 12, 2010.

1. renofantym

renofantym Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I think this game would make a good port over...looks fun...I'm waiting for it to be released to the PSN.

2. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I was actually thinking about this the other night... It would be an instabuy for me,

3. Desparobo

Desparobo Active Member

Jan 30, 2009
    +1, heroes three was my favorite.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I think they're talking about a different game -- Clash of Heroes was developed specifically for the DS and will soon be ported to PSN. And I agree, it does look interesting, though the match-3 mechanic makes me a bit skeptical.

5. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    The day I got Clash of Heroes for my DS I started looking for a similar game for my iPod. Nothing out there yet, but I keep hoping for an official port or a good knock-off clone.

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The match 3 mechanism is to make your troops attack or defend. It's quite an interesting concept and needs much more thought and strategy than one might think at first glance. I would love it ported to the iPod. Though not sure if I would enjoy a direct port since some of it is puzzle based and once you figure it out it won't be too fun to play again.

7. Desparobo

Desparobo Active Member

Jan 30, 2009
    :( sad for me....lol

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Good to know -- thanks!

9. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Yes! This would be such a great game for i-devices. I played the DS version a little, and it's excellent.

10. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #10 Isilel, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    Me! Me! :). I have heard that it is like Puzzle Quest, only better, because it uses a fresh puzzle principle for battles and has a more involved story and superior presentation. Too bad that I have neither a DS nor home consoles. I can only hope that it will be ported for us too, eventually.

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I wanna see it on the iDevice as well.

12. renofantym

renofantym Member

Jan 20, 2010
    lets start a petition or send ubisoft emails giving them the idea!

13. elliot353

elliot353 Active Member

Oct 7, 2010
  14. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Thanks for the incredible link! I've been thinking about Clash of Heroes being on iOS for a couple months now and this is good news. According to the PocketGamer article, hopefully it'll come to the iPhone/iPod touch shortly after arriving on the iPad later this year.

As an aside, for those looking for a similar iOS experience to Clash of Heroes, I ran into a game called Chronos Gear (type it all together when searching for it in the App Store like this, "ChronosGear") and it's basically a M&M: Clash of Heroes rip; even some of the unit sprites look extremely similar to the original. It's a cheap 99-cent knockoff but actually pretty good. Has a lite version to try out too. FYI

15. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    The developers dont own the license, it is now up to Ubisoft, as far as I understand it. So it doesnt seems likely we will get it.

I would love to see it, as it worked great on both ds and ps3.

16. JaceyGray

JaceyGray New Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Please Without a Jailbreak

There is a post about this on Ubisoft's forums too. I researched this in rumors and so on, and it seems Capy would love to do this, but Ubisoft isn't really for it. The post on their website is to supplement the influx of emails and letters requesting this that the workers at Capy said Ubisoft is getting. I think that if we brought enough attantion to it we could get Ubisoft to cave and give us Clash of Heroes on the iPhone, without jailbreaking.

As it is right now you must get a Nintendo DS emulator and hack it onto the iPhone or iPod

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I would love it.
    The HD version is just great.
    I personally wrote Capy and Ubisoft several times about an iPhone port.
    Capy is interested but it's all up to Ubisoft (from whom I got no answer).
    Thera are some clones in th AppStore (nowhere near the original) that show well how great would be a proper port (iphone included).
    I sell hope.

18. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    #18 mekanikal fiend, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  19. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Online petitions ... those always work so well. ;)

20. Xenosage

Xenosage Well-Known Member

Well, I would really like to see this game on the iOS. Especially, in HD version.