Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    It is free roam, but controls stops you from it. You CAN NOT attack while you are moving around. You need to find monsters to attack. It's not 100% free roam like diablo and those kind of games.
    Oh and look at the god of war ghost of Sparta, and compare that with god of war 2. I really don't like art style of god of war 2. Way different than psp god of war games and gow3

2. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
  3. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    It's actually longer than I thought it would be. It's about 10-11ish hours to play through the campaign on normal- not counting the time it takes to collect all the treasures and solve all the "mysteries" (charcoal rubbing puzzles, photos, etc.), get the trophies, and collect all the bounties. I think it's actually longer than Uncharted 3- though it's not as varied (in terms of environment).

I don't think it's super linear, but when it comes to climbing walls, the paths are fairly linear (though there are secret paths which take you to hidden treasure).

The AI is fairly good (unless you play on very easy)- they recently updated it because the crushing (very hard mode) AI was really hard at some parts.

The only bad thing I can think of in this game is the bounty system (gggrrrrrr.....).

As for the Vita's battery, I have my Vita set to medium brightness (the default I believe), wifi always on, and volume normally at full- and I get about 4-5 hours of playtime on it playing graphically intensive games like Uncharted.

Playing less graphically intensive games (like Plants Vs. Zombies)/apps I tend to get around 7-10 hours. Has a fairly good battery life, especially compared to my iPod touch when playing graphically intensive games like Infinity Blade (about 2-3 hours). It also charges relatively quick- about 1.5-2 hours.

4. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    I came here to post the exact same thing. Ah well...it's great news! The more games that have cross-save capability, the better. I may be in a minority, but I think that if Sony can overwhelm people with good Vita games -- especially good Vita games that are basically PS3 quality -- then a price drop suddenly isn't so essential to the platform's viability...

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

#1888 MicroByte, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  6. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    By full customization, you mean moving the bits where you want? If so, click the advanced button to rearrange them accordingly.

7. forenglandalec

forenglandalec Active Member

May 18, 2012
    I feel like I'm having déjà vu. I happened to get the Sega Dreamcast in its second year for Christmas and like a month later I found out it was discontinued in a network news broadcast. So much doom and gloom press around it. Anyone think it's going to turn around soon?

8. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I've got hope for the system, especially since Kaz is officially heading Sony now, and the PS family was basically his baby. I'm pretty sure we'll see a stronger PS ecosphere with Sony's products in the way that Apple has done with their own. Crossplay is just the beginning, and while it's lackluster at best right now, I have confidence it will become a bigger facet of Sony's mantra with PS4.

9. MicroByte

Just don't worry about it, the only thing you can do is buy games, play and be happy. Other than that, why worry about whether the system succeeds or fails, there's far better things to worry about... like vapor lock...

10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
  11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    That happens to every new console these days unfortunately, personally I think the vita is doing fine thus far especially for missing xmas and with any luck it will have a strong E3 presence.

12. forenglandalec

forenglandalec Active Member

May 18, 2012
    See now Sly Cooper makes me happy. I absolutely loved those games on the PS2. I wish we could get a traditional Resident Evil on the Vita. Crappy controls and illogical puzzles included.

13. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    More console quality to go? Yes please!

:D :D :D

14. MicroByte

Lol, I wanted to try the FIFA demo and was in the middle of doing something else. I set it up to download and started playing only to find I downloaded the Spanish version. Funny thing is, I liked the non English commentary...

15. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Haha, that's pretty funny!

I've got a quick question for you guys. I really want to play GTA on my Vita, but I don't have a PS3, so I can't download the PSP versions. Is there a way that someone can buy it and give me the code, or something along those lines, and I pay them back?

16. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Sorry, getting downloadable code from disc only works in Japan. Not in NA.
    Which is really be I have to say