Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I think game loft should stick with mobile devices. All the console approached games has been biggest flop.... Well not big as their few free+ games but still, they were op craps

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Gameloft's shooters are far, far superior to anything that the Vita has. If they choose to port MC3 or MC4 (highly unlikely considering the small user base for Vitas) then you should be very grateful.

3. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #3983 tygamr, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    Shooters? No. Vita has much better shooters. First-person shooters? Yes, Gameloft's first-person shooters are better overall (the stories are god-awful though- I've actually quit playing them in the middle of levels before because of a character's line, or a plot point that made me go 'really? WTF, pretty sure a four year old could write better than this'. I'd say Resistance BS had a better story than Gameloft could write, and its story sucked). Unless you count Stranger's Wrath HD as an FPS, which is, IMO, far superior to anything Gameloft could rear up themselves.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Grateful for Gamelofts FPS's? Eww no. I'd rather have nothing.

I'm fine with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for now, maybe Killzone later.

5. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Anyone with sonic all stars racing transformed? How are you liking it?

6. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Well mc3 was fun I wouldn't mind that port but mc4? Nope. That game awful and shameful compare to mc3.... Lags every where even on 4S, and iPod 5th. Not just that all these IAP packed in together, not that I actually needed to pay money for anything but still it bugs alot and no rewarding for actually lvling up.
    As the online goes, I enjoyed black ops declassified way more than Mc4. I know what I am talking about because I am what 3th prestige in mc4. And I haven't played for like a month now. I play black ops 2 and servers are just way smoother than that gameloft's cheap server...

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Unit 13 beats any gameloft game pretty easily in the shooter category and that was the first one on the Vita. Looking forward to Killzone though.

8. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

#3988 MicroByte, Jan 3, 2013
    I don't know, I picked up UNO the other day and haven't been able to stop playing it and it's a Gameloft game... ;)

Finally decided to try some emulators on my Vita. Had the urge to replay some SNES games and even bought a Retro Duo Portable (really cool clone portable if you have original SNES games). Saw that there was a new UNO exploit and went ahead and tried it. Needless to say, I think the Vita is a better emulator machine than the PSP was.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

I've been playing it off and on since it was released and really like it still. I like that the career is somewhat broken up with different types of races as you progress. There's also traditional Circuit mode if you want that as well. I think it's great personally.

9. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    #3989 JeNeI, Jan 3, 2013
  10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I should've been more specific. I meant first-person shooter.

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    That's interesting I was under the impression that the emulators were all running through the psp emulator but I have to admit I might be long out of date.

I've been taking a bit of a break from the Vita and retro gaming on my PC as well I bought heroes of might and magic 3 of Good Old Games after reading an article about it and I have to admit I'm now addicted they just don't make games like that now.

Still knowing me I'll be back on my Vita in a few weeks.

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I want to try AC3:L... But heard it has really bad framerates issues...
    But you know what? I think it's problem with the their engines too.
    Because I played the AC3 on my friend's Xbox and it lagged soooo much. Not to mention all these glitches in the game

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

It is, but for some reason, it just feels better. Maybe it's just excitement from seeing SNES games running on the Vita with better d-pad.

14. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Thanks. This is the game I want most right now. Looks super fun from videos.

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    :cool:

[​IMG]

16. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Can someone help me out with the online trophy in Chronovolt (beat someone's time).Just need to finish a level 1-1 in ~15-20 seconds and send me a challenge.

I will help you out too.

PSN ID : JeNeI_ViTA

17. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Playing it right now, it's a great game, having loads of fun with it.

Agreed, Unit 13 is the best if not the only good shooter on Vita. Stranger's Wrath is also great but a very unusual game, not a "pure" shooter by any means.

I just finished AC:L and the framerate issues weren't that bad, most of the time didn't even notice them. It's a good game but very unpolished, could really be something special had the devs been given more time and resources with it.

I also need the trophy, we can help each other. Will add you tonight.

18. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I dunno what I should get because I have $5 point card for best buy and both Ac3:L and Umvsc3 is $30. Which one should I get!?

19. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Yep, nabbed MK vita for $9.99, thx for the heads up.