Do you love her?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hambo12, Feb 2, 2013.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How the hell did this thread go from a serious discussion of love and marriage to touching butts??

2. This would make for a really good story for a video game for ios. I sure would buy it for a buck! ;)

3. Are you saying they are not related??? Heaven forbid!

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Well our 2 month anniversary is coming on February 7th, any ideas of what i can do to surprise her? we're at school and it's a Thursday on that day.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Good point. Lol!

Carry on.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #46 backtothis, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Hey! My monthly anniv with the gf is on the 7th too. Anyways, how about just going somewhere casual for dinner together and maybe/probably flowers? Don't need to get a "present" every month. If your parents don't let you out on the weekdays, say it's for a school club. Yeah, I've been there. Having Asian parents and a gf in high school..man, good times. Now, four years later, they love her, and she's over every time I'm back in Houston.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #47 Vovin, Feb 3, 2013
    A present for your 2nd (month) anniversary? Oh my... :)

Keep it low. Flowers... or a little something that she likes... like her favourite chocolate.
    I wouldn't buy a ring or sth like that yet.

Young women, btw., will rarely give you a present or something. I guess they don't feel the obligation. Must be connected with their view about their role in society. Most young girls are little princesses who expect to be pampered. That "giving back" comes later. ;)

And love... love is - in the first place - an imbalance of hormones. No magic, no touch from heaven, no wondrous miracle. Hormones influence us all through life but especially in the young. The main chemical involved is dopamine, which produces feelings of euphoria, energy, sleeplessness, and focused attention on your beloved. Biologically speaking, you’re experiencing something similar to a cocaine high, scientises say. Nature sets us up to mate and perpetuate the species and it is the same with animals. In observing animals, does anyone doubt that they are capable of love? Beyond that, we are social beings and want to have relations with others. There is no denying that special attraction between the sexes no matter what your age and this is the incentive to build a relationship based on trust and respect. This can happen even when we are old; just think of retirement communities in Florida where seniors still look for companionship and love even in their 80s.

Relationships should be built on trust and respect but it is the hormonal attraction to one another that gives us the incentive to work toward that end.

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Duuuuude. It's 2 months. Come on. :p

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #49 backtothis, Feb 3, 2013
    Seriously though, girls just give you various forms of arts and crafts as gifts in high school. The only exceptions for me were iTunes giftcards every now and then plus a 4th gen. iPod Touch for our two years. Not saying that's a bad thing though. They put tons of time and love into making those cards/collages/etc. I'm sure.

10. How about Angry Birds Star Wars Edition? Girls dig that...

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Do not under any circumstances do this. >_> There's no harm in talking about marriage later on in the relationship, but holy crap...do not ask her to marry you anytime soon.

12. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Lol reminds me a bit of Ted mosby (but he says I love you on the first date).

13. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    ill give her flowers roses ^.^ she is not allowed out of the house and she has to get home by 3 always. maybe that's why she didnt know alot about the world besides school because her family is strict on her. And yeah the first few days we were dating she was saying she loved me so much and how she wanted to get married and have kids, but now it scares me . :/

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd be worried too if somebody said that so early in the relationship. Rubber up, kid.

15. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #55 Snozberry, Feb 3, 2013
    Considering you're her first boyfriend I wouldn't sweat so much about the correct timing.. If you were dating a older more experienced lady then you'd worry. But someone young and also inexperienced also doesn't know about appropriate timing for certain milestones.. My first love and I confessed our love very early..only after a few weeks.. We were inseparable though.. Since then I'd never dare confess my love that early.. I'd scare men off. But your young dude, don't sweat it, she clearly adores you, she wants to marry you so I'm pretty certain she already loves you. Saying the words for the first time is scary though...one of my ex bfs and I used to say "I like you" instead of I love you, basically making a joke at all those who say "I love you" so early, then we decided we would start saying I love you jokingly but it really means "I like you" I really believe when you say the words over and over you truly do start to love them, soon after we were head over heels for each other, almost obsessively. It's been 3 years since we parted ways and he still rings me and sends letters.(I don't reply, he's in prison) .love is a scary thing.. It can haunt you forever, but it's also a very beautiful thing. Just enjoy it. Your first love is always the most intense feelings you will ever feel. I'm a little bit jelly actually.. When you become an adult dating sucks.. You date people with all sorts of problems, from financially, mentally, emotionally, sexually, cheatily, etc so dude enjoy it and don't think into things, take every moment as it comes and be happeh!

I just read a few posts and see people are worried about her early marriage talk, don't be, it's her first relationship. Teenagers are just naive, first loves hardly ever make it to the aisle, it's just playful talk. When a 30 - something year old says it on a first date, run though. But don't take a teens word seriously. She's just telling you how much you mean to her it's cute. Don't be influenced by anyone else, sometimes you don't realise what you got til it's gone. In the first post you seemed pretty happy with her, don't listen to anyone by put your own heart!

16. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Legitly just made my day.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lmfao.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    This thread...lol.

19. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

Your saying we won't last together? :/

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Who knows. I met my wife when I was 19 years old and we're still together 26 years later. Then again, this girl may very well break your heart (or vice-versa). It's all part of the human experience -- enjoy your young love while you have it. If you lose it, remember than you will almost certainly love somebody else in the future.