Best IAP free games on iOS under $10?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Games that rock for$10 or less with no IAP.

Start the list. Please.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No IAP at all? A lot of games I own can be considered "complete" or "premium" but still have some optional IAP, like Junk Jack X.

3. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Right... No IAP at all. Or maybe just unlocks.... But definitely no consumables.

4. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    If you're into strategy games there's Command and Conquer Red Alert but there is DLC for it,a map pack and an add on campaign. And Ravensword 2 had absolutely no IAP but only runs on iPhone 4 and up,iPad 2 and up,and iPod 5. Mass Effect Infiltrator doesn't have too much IAP if at all. It's been a bit since I played that. Same with Dead Space on iOS

5. The best by far are cave shmups on sale.

Awesome games, little riffraff, and awesome fun. Though I think inapps are starting to creep in.

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    See also this thread. Most of these games will be under 10 dollars. They all have no consumable IAP. A few have a single cosmetic IAP to support the devs, but most games in that thread have no IAP at all. Of course, new games come out all the time. I think Badland isn't on that thread yet, and it's great. Still, that thread is a good start I think, with many awesome games.

Also check out Ninjin, it's free to try and only has a 99 cent full game unlock. It is the kind of game that these days always seems to have consumable IAP (there are lots of unlockable weapons and upgrades), so that makes it extra nice that it doesn't. Other games to check out: Simple Rockets, Little Galaxy, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Blitz Block Robo

7. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Thanks all... I hate IAP, but part of the reason I asked this was because I am so tired of my kids asking me if they can buy consumables. One might think by now that they would know the answer is " no ".

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I can imagine that would get tiresome. It's a shame that many games that would be most fun for kids have the most IAPs. If you post the ages and kind of games your kids like, maybe people have more specific suggestions? If they're young, for example, Toca Boca games are really excellent, and without any IAP.

9. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-december-8-2011/video-game-dealers

Reminds me of this bit :)