Interest in Portal style puzzle platforming game? (Metamorphic)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jslavitz, Jan 29, 2017.

1. jslavitz

jslavitz New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Hello Touch Arcarders!

I recently finished developing this Steam game, Metamorphic and am considering porting it to the App Store. However, before doing so, I wanted though to see what interest there would be in such a game. Right now it seems the casual game genre is doing quite well on the App Store, but Metamorphic would be closer to the "hardcore" genre of iOS games. Even within this genre, Metamorphic is quite different from most - the controls are a fair bit more complex than your average fps.

That being said, Metamorphic offers an experience few games do on the App Store – fully featured first person, 3d puzzle solving. In addition (but correct me if I'm wrong) the graphics are a quite a bit better than your average App Store fps.

Let me know what you think!

Jeremy

[​IMG]

2. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Holy cow. 100% yes. 100% yes am I interested in this, 100% yes I know there would be a lot of people interested in this.
    Seeing that trailer has made me more excited for an iOS game than I have been since - I'm not even sure. This looks absolutely fantastic, seems to have awesome mechanics and graphics, and I would be so stoked with an iOS release of what looks like it could become a classic.

Hardcore puzzlers have a market; Snakebird, for example, has done fairly well despite being exceedingly high difficulty. These graphics and physics are highly marketable.

Controls I can't speak for without seeing/trying them, but looking at a game which seems so high quality in almost every single aspect makes me think that the controls will be fine :)

In simple terms: 100% YES

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    ^ You can definitely +1 me to the above 100% yes group...

And pleeeease be Premium. We need great looking games like this to kill off consumable currency fuelled freemium rubbish for good.

4. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    It's like Tetris meets Portal. I'd pay good money for that.

5. jslavitz

jslavitz New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Ok, awesome, I appreciate the feedback! Good to know that there is a decent market for this type of game; Snakebird certainly looks to have done quite alright. I'll certainly let you guys know if I plan to go forward with the port!

6. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Now I'm think of all the crazy 2D portal game ideas