Tyrian

Tyrian --one of the best arcade vertical shooters (shmups) from the DOS era is now available on your iPhone!

&q…
$1.99
Buy Now
Media
Details
Tyrian --one of the best arcade vertical shooters (shmups) from the DOS era is now available on your iPhone!

"Action Game of The Year" by Computer Gaming Magazine (1995).
"4 out 5 stars" by Next Generation magazine.
"87 out 100" by PC Gamer magazine review.

Tyrian's story is set in 20,031 where you play as Trent Hawkins, a skilled fighter-pilot employed to fight Microsol and save the galaxy.

Tyrian for iPhone features:
- Full Story & Arcade modes
- Four action packed episodes: "Escape", "Treachery", "Mission: Suicide" & "An End to Fate"
- Sophisticated weapon upgrade system with hundreds of weapon combinations to chose from
- 50+ levels
- Seven difficulty levels
- Support for cheat codes, secret game modes, easter eggs, mini-games etc.
- 30+ music soundtracks by Alexander Brandon with a Jukebox.

Latest updates fix the weapons upgrade bug in the Story Mode, add new control scheme, make mini-games playable.

You will like Tyrian if you enjoy: iFighter, Siberian Strike, Sky Force, 1942, Raiden, Raptor: Call of the Shadows, other shmups, Classic PC & Arcade Games

Still having doubts? Try Tyrian Lite for free. Have hours of fun, then come back for the full experience.

This is a re-write of the original Tyrian v2.1 game by Jason Emery, Daniel Cook, Alexander Brandon, Robert Allen, and Eclipse Productions. It is based on OpenTyrian project's source code and licensed under GNU GPL v2.

In accordance with GPL v2, the source code is available upon request.

What our users say:

------------------
Wow, I loved Tyrian (and later Tyrian 2000) back in the day. It's an incredible shmup with a lot of depth, thanks to an extensive weapon power-up system. On my 3GS, it plays well, looks great, and brings back fond fond memories. Great port! The only thing more I could ask for would be better (and louder) sound. The music sounds very compressed, making the quality inferior to the original and other iPhone games as well. Otherwise, I could not be happier that one of my favorite PC shmups has made it onto my phone! Thank you!!

------------------
This is a must for any shmup fan.
BTW, speed can be controlled from the pause menu.. as well as detail, music etc.
iPhone 3GS can even handle secret "Wild" detail level
According to devs, weapon upgrade bug fix is alredy submitted for Apple review.
Love the X-mass easter egg too :-)

------------------
I must have spent in excess of 500 hours playing this game as a teenager. I don't even play games anymore but just spent the last few hours reliving my youth with this. It's great! Only things I'd suggest are a button to fire the special weapons and some way of making the controls a little bit smoother. Otherwise great. Thanks for making this app.
Information
Seller:
Genre:Action, Arcade
Release:Sep 23, 2010
Updated:Nov 30, -0001
Version:
Size:0.0
TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
User Rating: (2)
Your Rating:unrated
Compatibility:HD Universal