Chel-Z FREE! (Retro/Metroidvania/Platformer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DJEmergency, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJEmergency

DJEmergency Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    #1 DJEmergency, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Here is a couple of screenshots for the first game release from Emergency Studios. I will release a trailer some time tomorrow so stay updated here for more info. The game will be available on iOS and Android. :)

Description: Enjoy this metroidvania styled plat-former! You play as a Chel-Z (the robot) that is capable of functioning with a human brain placed inside, which was built by the one and only Dr. Boss, a twisted mad scientist. You were freed by a secret agent only for you to escape Dr. Boss’ notorious experiment lab facility. The game will be offered for free with ad support. We made the game in such a way that the ads only pop up when you switch applications or when the player dies. We didn't want to be intrusive to the player and allow the player to enjoy the experience. It's a full game that you can play and beat without any micro transactions, but we are thinking if we should give the customers the option to remove ads for a one-time fee.

The Company: Starting out as a lone DJ, DJ Emergency has been a DJ since 1996. He produces his very own music, sounds. Sometimes does internet live shows Later on he began to learn coding., Along came another comrade and colleague of his of his know as Moses McKenzie “The Idealist”

Features
    - Go through a platform, packed with action and puzzle like game play.
    - Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art.
    - Battle massive bosses and discover new special abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas.
    - Gorgeous Music produced by Arcane Toaster and DJ Emergency.

Official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DrRFtYtEpc
    Official website: http://www.chel-z.com
    Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialChelZ
    My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/djemergency

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Just an update so people can understand how it works. The game will be offered for free with ad support. We made the game in such a way that the ads only pop up when you switch applications or when the player dies. We didn't want to be intrusive to the player and allow the player to enjoy the experience. It's a full game that you can play and beat without any micro transactions, but we are thinking if we should give the customers the option to remove ads for a one-time fee.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    love the art style, pal!

is it a real Metroidvania?

i'm asking this 'cause today a lot of people and devs have the really bad habit to call a simple and linear platform as a Metroidvania, and for an old hardcore gamer like me, this pisses off... a true Metroidvania can never be linear, and each section must be revisited more than once, that is the philosophy!!!
    too much devs don't seem to understand that, today.

4. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    #4 DJEmergency, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Thank you so much for your compliment, I totally agree with you! Yes this is definitely a metroidvania styled game. The map has around 36 rooms total to explore with 4 keys to find and plenty of items/powerups to find. Some areas you can't access unless you find the items to continue (Example... When exploring the lab you discover a blockade in front of your path, so you search for the item/powerup to break through that barrier.) and you will see some locked doors as you pass by, but you don't find the keys for them until later on. The pictures doesn't really do it justice so a trailer will be released tomorrow to show just a few things within the game.

Emergency Studios really wants to release console quality games on as many devices as possible. Whether it's on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android, all versions will have the same experience. The only difference will be the pricing for each device so they cater to all markets. I know that a lot of players might be turned off on the term "FREE!" because of micro transactions within games. I can guarantee you that if there are ever games we release for free the only micro transaction that will exist is to remove the ads.

We could've removed the ads from the game and offer it a premium price, but with how saturated the mobile market is we are stuck to choose the free route with ads. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

5. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    WOW this looks like oldschool fun

6. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    #6 DJEmergency, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    LOVE IT!!! i want it NOW!!!

please, tell me that will work on a 4S with iOS 7.1.2

8. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Yes. It definitely should. :)

9. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    GREAT!

btw, music is also really good!

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    So there isn't an ads-free iap implemented, yet?

I'm very intrigued by your game. You have a paying customer here...if your game and the controls hold up, of course.

Good luck!

11. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    #11 DJEmergency, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

No ad removal as of yet, but we will most likely release that option as an update soon. The controls are very good and has been tested to work great. The jump is variable so the longer you hold it the higher Chel-Z jumps.

12. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Just a bit of an update... Apple's review process is taking longer than expected. So there's a bit of a delay on the release so please bare with us..

13. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Nice one Pal.. I like it and Good Luck with it :)

14. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wheres is it?

15. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Two posts above you the dev says this.....'

"Just a bit of an update... Apple's review process is taking longer than expected. So there's a bit of a delay on the release so please bare with us.."

16. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Apple's process can be a wait in a half and the only thing we can do is wait right now... (Which sucks...)

I would also like to add that there's an option to remove the ads for a fee that stays permanent.

17. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Hey man! Your games are fun! XD

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    This looks really interesting. I'm looking forward to it. I do love a Metroidvania...

19. DJEmergency

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    Thank you. It should be out within a few days if Apple doesn't kick it to the curb.

20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #20 Gwarmaxx, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016

why they should be that?

anyway, still don't understand what happen to your game, why so many days of delay?