Star Knight $2.99 -> $0.99 Price Drop

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by pluto6, Apr 26, 2016.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #1 pluto6, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Just recently came out. Excellent reviews by-in-large.

Star Knight

Left Right Co., Ltd
    Easy games are no fun! If you are tired of meaningless automatic actions, Star Knight is the perfect game for you! A …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Easy games are no fun! If you are tired of meaningless automatic actions, Star Knight is the perfect game for you! A fantastic balance between gorgeous graphics, adventure, and action, challenge yourself to the high level action platform game, Star Knight! The peaceful planet Gaon is under attack by hordes of monsters, and Dark Dragon Nidhogg took away the sun. Can the knight ‘Naro’ overcome the challenges ahead and bring back peace? * Complete the beautiful yet different stages! - Try again and again to reach the objective of stages full of various terrain and unique traps. - Defeat increasingly powerful and diverse enemies. You will be rewarded with satisfying hits during your attack! - Overcome bosses with special and powerful patterns and claim your reward! * Collect and grow your character! - Purchase powerful weapons with the coins you’ve collected! Better swords can contain more skills. - Collect runes to claim more powerful and impressive skills. - Find hidden items and jewel chests. Your character will become more powerful! * Participate in the competitive arena mode! - Fight as you wish in the simple stages of arena mode, and claim coins! - Survive the endless wave of enemies as long as you can and compete with other players!
    Information
    Seller:Left Right Co., Ltd
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Apr 20, 2016
    Updated:Jul 10, 2019
    Version:3.0.0
    Size:584.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

First impressions are very positive for me. Money is easy to get and at least the first level is well balanced. Touch controls seem good.

Main thread is here

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I swear.... Just bought this the other day :(

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It happens. I have been buying apps since June of 2009 and price drops are a constant. Probably one of the reasons freemium does so much better. Anyways, if I like the app, no big deal. Its more of a drag when the app is so-so and I feel like I wasted my money.

4. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    This is disrespectful for the Day 1 buyers... If you're going to have an introductory price, you have it Day 1, not Day 6. That is how you draw in people. Then, at the earliest, you do a sale a month or two later.

Doing like they did only convinced me of one thing: it is the first and will remain the last purchase from this developer. They won't have my buck(s) again.

PS: I don't mind spending 3 bucks on the app, I mind having a disrespectful developer taking those 3 bucks. And no, no refund and repurchase, I don't do these stunts.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not trying to create an argument. You have been around almost 5 years - this has happened at least hundreds of times since 2011. If this is the first time - I have no idea how you havent seen this before. The developers are trying to earn a living.

After playing a number of more levels - this is a very good game. Well worth your dollar.

6. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Exactly. #

7. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Crying over $2... smh

8. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    #8 shadowgamerr, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    For fraks sake, I didn't cry over 2 bucks, I thought this practice of being disrespectful has generally stopped.

Look at Goblin Sword and its developers, for example. They launched it at a price, increased it a week or two after. Dropped it only once, made it feel like they respected the player base and knew how to handle things. Bonus points for the update that is about to come (hopefully they will charge for it so we get more from them).

And if you would have read what I wrote, I said that the only thing I held against the developer was this dropped price being called "Global release celebration" a week after the actual launch. It is disrespectful for the Day 1 buyers and it shows that the developer didn't give a darn about them, only those counting from Day-the-app-dropped-price-onwards matter.

Anyway, I will vote the way I always did - with the dollars, and in their case, unlikely to receive them Day 1 again and probably others will do the same.

" this has happened at least hundreds of times since 2011" - yep, and every time it happened like in Star Knight's case, I made sure to avoid that developer for a Day 1 purchase. Always worked, but you can never know with new devs, like this one.

PS: For those who hesitate, the game is ok, you can get it. You will definitely get the bang for the buck(s). Don't forget to play in the arena for extra coins.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's criminal to have been asked $1 more, but not if you lose thousands in development costs. :D

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think "disrespect" is right up there with "addictive" as being one of the most overused words in the Enlish language with particular application to the app store. :eek: