What essential games am I missing?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Crow, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Student
    Hi,

I am on a budget of around $6, and I was wondering what games I could get which will keep me entertained. I currently have;

Implode!
    Dark Nebula
    Doodle Jump
    Pocket God
    Flick Fishing
    Finger Physics
    Labyrinth

Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    since you are a newbie, you wouldnt know what im going to say... so i will say it
    battle blasters

3. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Nova, space invaders infinity gene, labryinth 2, iblast moki. any of those

4. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

You are missing Battle Blasters. It is $3 and a really fun one-on-one shooting game. It doesn't have the popularity it deserves but the people of TA are trying to let its name be known!

5. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    amen!

6. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Buy Skies of Glory, and buy the campaign pack. It's amazing.

Alternatively, you could buy a good plane and then play multiplayer and kill some P40 noobs.

7. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Student
    Thanks for the quick replies guys, but I am unsure I like the look of Battle Blasters, and I am unsure how long the single player campaign is.

Also, what is NOVA like for the single player and multiplayer experiences?

8. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Don't bother with NOVA right now. Way too many hackers online ruin it.

9. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

WTH!!! Jet Car Stunts, dude!!!

10. 20forpizza

20forpizza Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Dinosmash Online for only $1. its similar to super smash bros.
    and it's better than battle blasters =p

11. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    there are 6 completely different characters and 4 difficultly levels! the campaign is playing each of the 6 characters. there is also split screen multiplayer and bluetooth multiplayer coming very very very soon! trust me, you will LOVE it. im sure the mods are getting very tired of me constantly talking about battle blasters

if you need more convincing, check my signature.:D

12. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Student
    I will wait for NOVA and see if anythings done about the hackers then, and I'll look into Jet Car stunts, but I'm not into racing apps.

I am thinking of Battle Blasters though.. :p

One final question.. any games coming out in the forseeable future which look great?

Thanks

13. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    NOVA single player: top of the line graphics. 3 different monsters, 5 different guns, 13 stages, each one will take u 30-60 minutesto beat. A linear type of FPS: not a lot of strategy involved In the battle( like in FPS's like Modern Combat Sandstorm (which I also highly recommend for 5 bucks) you crouch behind obstacles and all that; more strategy and thinking involved) instead NOVA is more of a linear FPS: walk down the hall, shoot the bad guy, walk some more, shoot some more guys. The controls are top of the line: fluid and brilliant. A very nice single player mode

NOVA multiplayer mode: deathmatch. Using gameloft live, u join/create a game which can have up to 4 people and battle it out on one of 5 stages. There is no crashing or lagging, and loading times are very short. It is easily the best multiplayer experience I have had on the iPhone.

All in all, NOVA is a must get

14. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    excuse me:mad:. jk. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but if you dont have the game, you are not permitted to say that really. :rolleyes:

15. YouAllEverybody

YouAllEverybody Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    lol hope I ain't offending no one, but it doesn't really interest me at all...

16. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Jet car stunts is NOT a racing game. It is the most addicting car game eve though for just two bucks. Fast paced, nice controls, and highly addicting: an absolute must for any idevice owner

17. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Student
    How is the combat in this game? Can you move around, and is it turn-based and/or clunky combat-wise?

18. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Well you need something progressive IMO. All those are pick-up-and-play games which are fun but nothing with a good story progression and player progression. I would try a FPS or RPG type. Nova would be good one for FPS, or if you're not looking for STUNNING graphics, give infinity project a try. For RPG, ravensword is on sale and alright- inotia is on sale, inotia2 is better though, also either hybrid:eternal whisper or zenonia would work. All those would he good progressive games. Or, go platformer direction and pickup soosiz

19. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    NOVA has pretty good graphics, but nothing else. unless you like the multiplayer, but I don't spend tme getting thousands of kills

20. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Mirrors edge is coming out soon
    so is Brothers in Arms 2
    and hopefully*crosses fingers*touchgrind 2