Developer seeks US App Testers (Paid!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thebinaryfamily, Feb 10, 2011.

1. thebinaryfamily

Feb 4, 2011
    App development
    Europe
    #1 thebinaryfamily, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    Love being the first one to have the newest iOS apps? Then sign up to be an app tester for the binary family.

We are a independent app developer with several successful casual games and other fun apps, like Knowledge Trainer, iTrivia and iKitty. We now have several games and also other apps in the works, and are seeking iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users for our US testing team. We need testers both for beta versions of apps still in development and apps just launched in the App Store.

If you join the team, we will contact you every 2-3 months to invite you to test an app. We always provide our testers with a copy of the app (or a beta version) and also thank them with a payment.

To join the team, you just need to be over 18, reside in the US, own an iOS device, and have a US App Store account. If you are interested, please register here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/THWVFNV

(note: there was an error in the above URL - it's now fixed!)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Otherwise, we look forward to receiving your registrations!

Thanks,
    the binary family
    thebinaryfamily.com

2. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Darn, I'm under 18 :(

3. thebinaryfamily

Feb 4, 2011
    App development
    Europe
    Hi AP9TV1,

Sorry we can't include you in our testing pool, but you can try to win a promo code for our newest app, iTrivia: All about Apple on this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=83359

The contest only goes until midnight today!

Nice video reviews! If you PM me your email, I can put you on our mailing list for future press releases.

4. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Ok,cool.

5. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    register link not work for me

6. thebinaryfamily

Feb 4, 2011
    App development
    Europe
    Thanks for catching that - I found a mistake and fixed it. It should work now.

7. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    sent!Thanks

8. Regretgraal

Regretgraal Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    High School Student?
    USA
    Why do you have to be over 18? Just wondering. seems a bit strange to me since teens make up a lot of the iPhone/iPod gaming community. I figured they would be a good place to pick from too. But that's just in my opinion.

9. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    So guess u dont need canadians with US accounts who are over 18?? :(

10. mrgooseman17

mrgooseman17 Active Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I sent one. Thank you for the opportunity!

11. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
  12. Joeavery

Joeavery Active Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Midwest
    Hey is there anything fishy one could do with my name, age, zip code, UDID, model #, etc.?

I'm just not sure I want to get in the habit of providing those details to anonymous people, y'know? I mean, they wouldn't know my password, but what if *I* forget my password? What kind of information might prove it's me?

13. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Sent one, thanks.

14. thebinaryfamily

Feb 4, 2011
    App development
    Europe
    #14 thebinaryfamily, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    Re: Canada, under 18, privacy/fishiness

Thanks for the interest, everyone! Just want to answer some of the questions that you've posted.

Before I do that, I'd like to add that we especially need some female testers! Only about 10% of people who signed up so far are women.

To the person in Canada, as well as to those under 18, the reason we're looking for 18-and-older US residents is that we need to fill those gaps in our tester pool for a test really soon. If you'd like to sign up anyway, even though we might not actually ask you to test right away, maybe we can add you our list for later. I just need to check with the rest of our team and then update the registration form - I'll post again to let you know.

Hi Joe, I agree that you shouldn't give that info to just anybody. That's why I posted our website so everyone can check out our apps and see that we are a legit developer. Also, rest assured that our registration firm is totally secure and only we will have access to your info. We will not share it with anyone. And I think the info we've asked for is general enough that nobody could hack your Apple account with it. We wouldn't want that!

Thanks for everyone who's signed up so far.

15. dizzydank

dizzydank Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Assitant Managing Editor - Games, AppTudes; TV/Mov
    portland, ME
    just submitted my form. Look forward to hearing from you guys!

16. thebinaryfamily

Feb 4, 2011
    App development
    Europe
    Still seeking female beta testers!

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much to all 25 (!) of you who have signed up for our testing team so far. We are thrilled with the enthusiastic response. However, we are still looking for more female testers! So if you are a female app-lover, please get in touch with us.

Best
    Leslie @ the binary family

17. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    But I think young adults make up more!

18. thebinaryfamily

Feb 4, 2011
    App development
    Europe
    Testers outside the US welcome

Hi Abisco and everyone. As promised, I've checked with the rest of our team about non-US testers and we've now updated our registration form so residents of other countries can sign up as well (as long as you can communicate well in English). So if you are interested, please visit:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/THWVFNV

Thanks,
    Leslie @ the binary family

19. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Hey leslie, thanks! But i tried cOmpleting my form and keep getting a "you must complete this question" error, for the which country do you reside in question. I input canada in the "other" space though...

20. thebinaryfamily

Feb 4, 2011
    App development
    Europe
    "Other country" problem fixed

Hi Abisco, thanks again for letting me know about this. I found the bug on the country-of-residence question and it is fixed now. Please let me know if you have any other problems! Thank you so much for your patience.