How much better is Zenonia 2 than the original?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by All-Eyez-On-Me, Mar 29, 2010.

1. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    I want to get this game yet I am hesitating, what is so much better in the sequel? I haven't found any answers in the 'Zenonia 2 is out' thread, so please answer here. Thanks.

2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    #2 medianotzu, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    I am wondering the same.

3. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    So far i'm enjoying it, with the PvP system and the costumes, it'll be better than the original with up to 4 characters, but unfortunatly it has only 3 save slots. There's also a trade system where you can trade items with other people

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    um by 10x?
    and zenonia was already my favorite rpg..before across age.

5. Rodde

Rodde New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I don't see THAT much of a change, honestly.
    Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it isn't like they changed it completely. If you hated the first, you'll most likely hate this one too.
    The inclusion of a character that moves fast was a big plus for me, as unimportant as it sounds. It feels nice to zip around, and it makes the quests less tedious. :cool:
    Well, there are four characters to pick from, and the three that you don't pick still appear in the game. There are more items, a new item creation system, and a number of other small improvements. All in all, it feels more streamlined, but the spelling mistakes and unclear language in this game irk(s?) me quite a bit. I understand that there's a lot of text in the game and everything, and I don't mind the lack of clarity when I can infer what's being said, but sometimes it gets in the way.. I invest in a skill thinking it does one thing, but it ends up doing something else. It's very annoying.
    In the end, Zenonia 2 is a typical sequel.. I don't see how people seem to think that it's THAT much better than Zenonia. Still, you should buy Zenonia 2, it's a great time waster^^

6. TheDankness

TheDankness Active Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Boulder, CO
    Lol.. A bit of a cynical overview, but for the most part I agree. The biggest selling point in this game is that it has onine pvp, weapons and armor that effect how you look and the combination/item creation.:cool:

7. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

From what I hear, MAJOR improvements in the second one.

8. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    How about the amount of grinding compared to the first?

9. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    what is grinding?

10. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    It is common in JRPGs (Japanese) where you level up by repeatedly kill enemies to get xp. To me it is very boring when I would rather be doing something related to the storyline. This is what killed Zenonia to me.

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    there was no grinding in the first one. I beat the game at level 56 after I figured out a few things about the game. Level 56..that would be running through just the main quests without training a bit.

12. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    is tha what grinding is?

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

MUCH less grinding, and I've played enough to know, having tested it. Don't get me wrong, it is a KRPG so there will be grinding, just exponentially less.

14. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    I like how they spelled Defense wrong, spelling it DefenCe. It amuses me, that is way too obvious a typo. Cmon guys.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's the British spelling.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    just dont talk anymore wow.

17. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Well, whats a list of stuff you didn't like from the first? I loved the first, and so far on my shooter I find it 3x better. All the graphics have been improved, as is the music, and especially the gameplay. Just list what you didnt like and us who have it can tell you whats different.

18. antispin

antispin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Editor, tech and gaming websites
    Difficult to say. It's mostly the same game underneath but changes such as the new classes, interface improvements and visible armour, etc., add a fresh coat of paint. One thing for sure though: it's a LOT of fun. If you like action RPGs, i.e.

As for grinding: I enjoy it, so I don't know whether it is necessary or not. Probably is though.

19. Jusor

Jusor New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    i didn't like the names of the characters in the first game. Item gal,brown, regret?? .. Are the characters that badly named in part 2 too?

20. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yeah, Zenonia 1 claimed 40+ hours of gameplay yet 95% of it is pure grinding. It's just seriously too much. It's one of the most grinding-heavy RPG I've played recently.

+1
    In all honesty the first one was only famous because it had no competitors. The game itself is pretty bad compared to mediocre RPGs on other consoles like DS, let alone the great ones like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy or The World Ends With You.