How many games do you regularly play / have installed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Itchyant, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Itchyant

Itchyant Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    I'm finding more and more that if I have every game I own installed, I become a bit overwhelmed, never finish things and even have issues selecting a game to play.

I've reduced the number installed on my iphone to 20, and around 30 or so on the ipad. Even this feels too many.

I believe it stems from my desire to concentrate on a handful of games at a time - to be 'done' with a game so it can be deleted. It almost feels like work...maybe I have purchased way too many and have the guilts?

And then a game like Junk Jack X comes along, with no end-game, and it destroys me a little more. Am I wasting my time playing it for no conclusion? But it's so addictive...

So anyways, how many games do you keep installed, or try to play at a time?

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Same here.

Im currently playing Terraria eventhough i have loads of games.

EDIT: I have around 70 Games

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahem!

Have 600 on my iPod touch and 150 on my iPhone

Have a few favourites but also love the variety as you can tell!

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Don't remember...To much until now...

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I purposefully got the 16 gb mini because I know if I went for the larger memory I'd end up filling it with games, and I'd never end up playing half of them. I probably have about 100 installed at the moment and several hundred in iTunes on the laptop, having just completed Mimpi and reaper I'm stuck on choosing what to play next and keep going from folder to folder to find something that grabs me.

I go through phases of collecting stuff like books or DVDs, the good thing about apps are that they don't take space up in my home and if I choose to delete I can always reinstall from the laptop.

Edit, I regular play around 10 of those that are installed.

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I usually have about 500 apps installed. Probably 85-90% of those are games.

7. 500-700 usually.

8. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    934 apps on my iPhone. Probably 95% of those are games. And I don't play more that 3 or 4 at a time. (Currently Terraria, Paint it Black, Boson X, Pinball Arcade)

I have a problem.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    146 on the almost full iPad mini (9 apps over a gig, and 5 over 2 gb), and I have a PSX emulator with FF7, FF8 and Vagrant Story in it.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Reason why I've slowed down on game buying as it got too hectic. Always leaving good games unfinished to forge ahead on the next newest one. Like you mentioned it became more of a chore or work than fun. Now I've slowed down and actually enjoying myself again on what I've got and many still have never been played. The newer games will usually be there for a later purchase and don't feel I need to be in on the first game each time.
    I'll still buy newer ones but only if they are truly epic and within my preferences.
    I've too many games some I'm probably not aware of yet and I'll usually focus on one game with the most time in and then 3 or 4 on the side with variable time lengths for each depending on the game.

11. QuakeAZ

QuakeAZ Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Mechanic / Line Cook
    Arizona, USA
    I have about 23 games on my iPod, and 10 on my Android phone.

12. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Usually have the big hitters on my mini. Xcom, WHQ, COD Strike Team, Asphalt 8, IB3 are the main ones on there now. On iPhone I play games that are more or less just time wasters. Usually have about 10-15 games on phone. Just started playing marvel puzzle quest on phone the other day.

13. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I have 30 installed on my iPhone. Only play 2 :)

14. minakshis

minakshis New Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Games

Only 10 to 20 games..i have played so far

15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I usually have about ~50 installed at once..but only actively playing ~3 games at once. The rest are are of different genre for when I want to switch it up. That said..I can probable delete at least 10 more..

16. Forsaken13

Forsaken13 Member

Nov 1, 2013
    usually playing 2-3 different games a day

17. ToyRookGames

ToyRookGames Active Member

Nov 5, 2013
    This. Played Terraria forever until my save file got corrupted somehow. All that work lost!

I only keep about 10-15 games on my iPhone at any time.