anyone else regard zenonia 3 and 4 as a better game than FF3

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by klarence, Feb 27, 2012.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    well,the Final Fantasy series is very famous as we all know, I dislike turn based rpg game and never touch FF before.
    But I like dungeon crawler a lot, is it some kind of turn based RPG?
    For zenonia is a game originated on mobile phone, which is suggested has no fame at all compared to FF.
    I don't know any other games of FF series would be like, but i get to say zenonia 3 and 4 is much better than FF3 at my opinion, maybe the FFIII which was remaked at 2006 is just the way too old.
    As a rpg game,FFIII did a pretty bad job at the story aspect. No matter the way how it states the story and the story itself, both worse than zenonia 3 & 4.
    For the gameplay, it's too much grinding. Maybe the game itself not require that much grinding, but the gameplay is pretty slow, within the same time, I can kill several fold of monsters in zenonia, whcih makes me feel the FFIII is too repetitive, even the conversation between characters is too slow and can never be skipped. Dungeon Crawler did good job at the speed of gameplay.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    So it comes as no surprise that
    Personally I can't get into the Zenonia games and think FFIII is much better, in fact I would say FFI and FFII are also way better, but to each their own ;)

3. SCZ77

SCZ77 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    C.R.
    Zenonia = KRPG
    Final Fantasy = JRPG
    Very different...;)

+1

4. bighi

bighi Member

Jan 2, 2011
    #4 bighi, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    You are probably a very young guy. I would guess you're 16 years old or younger.

You grew up in an age where no great turn-based rpgs were released in the past few years. You don't know how a great rpg is like. You have no base for comparison.

I'm not saying this to be rude or to call you a noob, it's only a matter of fact.

For this lack of experience, you may believe Zenonias are good games. They are not. I agree with you that FF3 is not very good and there's too much grinding. They are both bad games.

If, someday, you play FF4, FF5 or FF6 on your iPhone (let's hope) you will see what a great game looks like.

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Comparing zenonia to FF? Lol. Zenonia has a better story than FF? That's too funny.
    Probably one of those kids that thinks anything without action every second is boring and crappy game. :rolleyes:

6. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    as I said, I like dungeon crawler, so without action is ok.

7. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Kids these days...

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ^^^^

9. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    If u want a good story from a final fantasy game play 4-10 except 8 or whatever I jus don't like it... And Zenonia is meh

10. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    ok,now I wish I have a chance to try one of 4-10.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Frankly, FF1 barely has a story at all, or characters for that matter, and very little to the lore and the world in general. I would say that Zenonia 1 has a richer story, and the fact that you can choose to take a light or dark path is miles away from the characterizations on FF1 or FF3. Obviously I' m not comparing gameplay, sprite quality, or genre significance.

I'm not really a fan of Zenonia in general, but anyone who thinks that there's anything to the stories of FF1 or FF3 is seriously deluded. FF2 has a much stronger story, and from FF4 onward the focus of the series shifted from combat/class mechanics to characterization and narrative, which some say culminated with FF6 or 7.

12. Hbn46

Hbn46 New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I am in the process of buying (or re-buying) every mainstream ff title (only missing 4 and 11). I agree 4,5,6,7,9, and 10 are incredible games. I would also through in 13 into that mix too (even though 13-2 is better.) I have also played all 4 zenonias and I'd have to say I like the ff's better. They both have there pros and cons though. Though even comparing the two series is hard, because even though Zenonia has certain leveling up and ability aspects of an RPG I think they are more closely related to like Zelda: Link to the Past, then final fantasy.

13. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    You dislike turn based RPG games. Well there's your problem :p And no, Zenonia is not turn based. Grinding is a big part of RPG games too.

14. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #14 spacecowgoesmoo, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    FFI has a very cool story, but it's only revealed immediately before the final boss battle so no one ever notices it. Spoiler:

15. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ff4 was the first one to really grab u in terms of story....(not sure about 2, I'm in the process of playing it)

I know 1 and 3 have basically no story comparatively

IMO ff6 and 9 have the best stories... 7's is good but a little bit over the top(but some people like that I dunno)

5 manages to still have a good story even though it's based more on the job class system(it's like an upgraded ff3)

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don't think that you understand what a story actually is. Hint: it's not dumping a bunch of text at the end of a game.

17. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i never really played much any of the FF games so i'm gonna cast a tentative vote here for the zenonias :)

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX