iOS Game Emulators?!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BeyatchKillah, Feb 14, 2015.

1. BeyatchKillah

BeyatchKillah New Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Looking for new emulators sneaking into the app store or maybe some that can be side-loaded...

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Last time I checked (experienced) that is a forbidden topic here. Someone else will correct me if possible.

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Since when? The front page reports about them all the time :confused:

4. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Emulators are fine, Roms are a grey area at best. Now to address OP, the best emulators right now are PPSSPP, RetroArch(N64, PSX) & GBA4iOS. Of course a jailbreak is necessary to get PPSSPP running at a decent speed and that goes the same with RetroArch! If you're not looking to JB & still are on iOS 8 - 8.1.2 then Google iEmulators for an array of decent emulators! As for Roms! Be sure to google the instructions for ripping your own game files as to obtain & play them !

5. Anonomation

If you have already updated to iOS 8, and don't want to jailbreak, iEmulators is offering a 10$ subscription service to iBuild store, which allows you to use all of the emulators freely.

6. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Given up with emulators on iOS. Backdoor methods so unreliable and a hassle.

Lucky to have an Android tablet as well. Lots of emulators, plug in a usb controller with an adapter and ready to go, no hassle. I really wish it was that easy on iPad.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I paid $10 for the emulators on builds.io

Works a treat. Hopefully they'll add more emulators. Well worth the cost of $10 a year

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I was just gonna say that but you beat me to it!:D

9. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Jailbreak, install RetroArch, play all the emulated games you want. No Android required ;)

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    This. JB takes 5 min and is completely harmless and reversible. You can emulate many systems including PS1 and PSP.

11. Anonomation

Not if you aren't into computers that much lol. I saw a guide a few months back from TA and it had a load of steps, dangers, and precautions.

12. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I wish iOS had more commited developers for emulators. NDS runs terribly because it hasn't been updated for a year. Also RetroArch is a catch all, but it handles a lot of games terribly! Not to mention thre is no enhancements at all !

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I would prefer to use emulators on jailbroken devices. While it's still possible to use them on non-jailbroken devices through cert signing, they still arent able to access the JIT framework, which is a huge performance boost.
    That alone would be reason enough to jailbreak any device imo.

14. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    I've been looking at iEmulators, but hadn't heard of builds.io before. Does one generally have a better reputation than the other?

If there's an iOS update, do these seevices stop being available, or do the downloaded programs themselves stop working?