What is the best method to rapidly promote a game (1K+ downloads in <3 days)?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by clysm52, Apr 19, 2015.

1. clysm52

clysm52 New Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Hello,

I just launched my first mobile game and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how to acquire a large amount of followers (1k) in a short amount of time (<3 days). I'm not looking for a long-term customer base or returning customers, I'm only interested in downloads. Any ideas?

Link to the game is https://itunes.apple.com/app/id982839582 (in case that helps)

Thanks!

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Simply, go to a service like chartboost and buy 1K paid installs. You will have it in a day.

However having a look at your app I don't think any money you invest will be worth it in the long run.

3. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

DolphinFlipJumpSpin Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Director of Innovative Biomedical Engineering, The
    rapid downloads

Make your game 9.99. Wait 3 days.

Then Set it free.

4. Xammond

Xammond Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    This place has...turned in to something that I am not.

5. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Chartboost, Tap Joy, any 3rd part ad service worth its salt could get you that in an hour. Small numbers like that is useful for soft launching products.

6. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    What is Charboost, Tap Joy ??

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Make an really awesome app with an original idea. Or something totally stupid like flappy bird. Heck I'm totally clueless. Good luck!

8. JoeMarshall

JoeMarshall Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Game Developer, Podcaster
    USA
    Congratulations on actually launching a game of any kind. You would be surprised how few people actually ever do launch a game no matter how many they claim to have made. I remember the excitement I had when I created a memory game and launched it on the App Store.

Not sure if those numbers are going to do anything for you as a free app, but I am not sure what you are wanting to accomplish by getting the volume in 3 days.

The ways mentioned here are possible for sure, but perhaps consider putting a way to capture current customers info in the game like an opt in email sign up. That way when you improve or make another game down the road you can rely a lot more on existing fans to get you those download numbers. Build an audience in other words. Whatever your reasons are for needing those numbers in three days best of luck and congratulations on getting something shipped. I downloaded it so less then 999 to go.

9. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    He is right.Take pride in the fact the you thought it, built it and launched it.

10. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    When I made my paid game free for a little bit, the day it became free I got about 2300 downloads, and the next day about 1100.

11. Colonel_Novak

Colonel_Novak Active Member

Nov 10, 2014
    It's worth to say that promoting the game feels way harder than developing and finishing the game itself. I think everybody here already know that.

But even if it's a 3D full fledged combat flight sim like ours.

App promotion is hell. Most forums out there are prohibiting game announcement posts, marking as spam, or they create crazy rules like "must have at least 30 meaningful posts before posting any announcements" or "account is too young, wait 45 days to be able to create a new thread".

It's frustrating. /rant mode off

Also I'd like to say a big Thanks!!! to TouchArcade to enable us to post our games and not having developer-unfriendly rules.

12. cjerian

cjerian Member

Jan 15, 2015
    keywords help

https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/clysm/keywords/#countries=US&start=2015-04-16&end=2015-05-04
    Show only jeremy as an iphone keyword and endless runner for ipad.
    Not sure I would search for a 'jeremy' game. Search for app keyword optimization on google
    Here is an article:
    http://blog.tapstream.com/post/65438643892/how-to-fix-your-underperforming-app-store

You can also put more useful words in your description.
    Making a video helps for the app preview. Making much better screenshots would help. I like the icon, but can't tell anything from the screenshots.

jeremy - out 345
    0 / 30 iPhone - United States - May 4, 2015
    Top Keywords

Ranking

Results

jeremy 133 ▼1 535
    endless runner game 1690 ▼31 1,994
    endless runner 1700 ▼32 1,996

13. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN