Universal MAYHEM! - 2D Arcade Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by deadjam, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    #1 deadjam, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Hello TA'ers!

I’m happy to announce my first game, MAYHEM! will be releasing on the AppStore this month.

Here is the teaser trailer -

I will update this thread with more MAYHEM! news once I get everything in order.

Thanks for reading.

James

2. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    The teaser is intriguing. I would love to know a bit more about the gameplay though... but then again, that is the role of a teaser!

3. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Firstly, thank you so much for my first reply for my first ever thread!

You will receive a promo code for MAYHEM! early next week and as a token of my gratitude one for every game I make - I hope to release a game a year. Anyway, that might not be such a great prize, wait until you play my games!

Yes it's a real tease(r) - I made it before the game was finished and wanted to learn After Effects and the process of producing a trailer etc.

MAYHEM! will be out soon and the main trailer will be out early next week.

4. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    + I will post 10x promo codes on Monday to other TA users in the Promo Codes & Contest section.

5. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Wow, thanks a lot! I'll definitely provide some feedback in this thread (and/or post-release thread as well).
    Thanks!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am excited to hear more about Mayhem.
    It almost reminds me of the futuristic movies where there were alternative forms of punishment.
    Then again... I could be way off. LOL

7. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    #7 deadjam, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    All will be revealed in a few days. I just hope I don't get burned for creating too much of a tease! :)

Story wise you are close, my influences were Running Man and Rollerball. However, the game's backstory doesn't really feature in the game. Those films were responsible for giving me the idea for the game and therefore featured in the Teaser when I didn't have any footage to capture. A bit long winded I know :)

When I come up with ideas for games (although, this will be my first release I have about 10 concepts swirling around my head) I often start with a narrative and then go from there, it just makes it more enjoyable for me.

The teaser trailer was created as a bit of fun and to learn from. I'm a nobody right now in the world of iOS games and I had the choice of just releasing my game or creating something that might drum up some interest.

That's all for now...

PS You will also get a promo code as I like your thinking!

8. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Judging by an illustration I saw you posted on twitter a while back, we should expect high quality graphics for this and if the gameplay compliments the graphics, we should be in for a pretty darn good ride.

I look forward to its launch!

9. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Thank you shadowgamerr. The pressure is on :)

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    'That's all for now??!!' Ok fine... I forgive you.... :)

Thank you for the future promo code!

I love the futuristic society type genre. It's interesting to me to think about how far human beings will go for the sake of rightousness and justice, etc..... If only I had a time machine..... But, obviously I don't have one or I might have looked at your game! Ha ha

Looking forward to playing. :)

11. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    IT'S TIME FOR MAYHEM!

Well very nearly, MAYHEM! is out on Wednesday. No ads, no IAPs, just 79p/99¢

Image is taken from the title screen with a few minor adjustments as I used it in the main trailer, which is also launching on Wednesday.

[​IMG]

12. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I been looking at the teaser a couple of time trying to see if I can do a rewind theatre digging the out the secret in it. But there is just too little glimpse to be able to see anything. Looks like I need help from Michael J Fox to travel into the same timeline to know more. Curosity kills the cat :p

13. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    My purpose was to create intrigue this being my first game and first thread to TA. I've already learnt that there's a fine line with teasing and tricking people, but the main trailer and game comes out in 2 days so if anyone wants to get the game based on the trailer there won't be anymore tricks, I mean tease to hide behind :)

14. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    lol okay! actually for me it's not about getting a game depending on trailer. What I was trying to see is what exactly the game is. :p The way it's being set up just make me curious with it and that's a great job from you for being your 1st teaser which tickle my curosity. :p

15. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Thanks and I'm happy it made you curious. I think working in film marketing has rubbed off on me!

To be honest I'm totally nervous about the release on Wednesday as this is all new to me but I do have realistic expectations for my first game. I was just happy my teaser got more than 100 views :)

So far it's been a great learning experience and my second game is already in the prototype stage but that can wait for now.

16. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    You are welcome, and good luck with the coming release as well as your next game. For now I'll be looking forward to create some Mayhem :D

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Very curious to see what this game is all about and what the game play is like. Very creative creating the anticipation and suspense.... Best of luck on the release and look forward to checking it out.

18. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Meet Parker, one of the top contestants of all time on MAYHEM!

[​IMG]*

* Don't worry, the game doesn't include any underwear!

19. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Thanks jpgold. Not long to go now...

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Any quick clues as to what the game play will be like??? Platformer? Levels? Anything?