Best City Sim(s) on iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Unfrozen, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Good Day,

With all the drama over Sim City I have got an itch for playing some on my iPad. I am looking for recommendations on what is the best, or a few of the best to consider, city sim games on iOS.

The EA Sim City Deluxe for iPad looks like it might be the most complex offering but the recent reviews say it is broken. The other city sim games that are popular look a little too much like free to play time syncs then a premium city sim experience that I am seeking.

Also, Pixel Village really catches my eye with its cool premise, carving out your village, trade and combat but it looks pretty bug ridden at the moment. If anyone knows of something similar please mention it.

Thanks

2. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    I've only really dug into SimCity Deluxe. I didn't have issues when I played it, but that's been a while so it might be broken now. I thought it was a pretty good take.

The only other I've played is Virtual City HD. Not terrible, but a freemium game that I couldn't really get into.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tried Pixel People and Dungeon Village?

Zombies Not Allowed is another "smaller community" sim with a zombie theme which makes it a little different, but this one's pretty casual.

A little different but one i liked too is Puzzle Craft. There's town building and improvement, but more on the match-3 puzzle side of things.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I recall enjoying G5's Virtual City over the iOS Sim City.

5. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I have played Pixel People but it felt a bit slow and ever present IAP options killed the romance so to speak. It certainly provides a fresh take and is cool but not really what I am looking for. I'd prefer a more deep city sim and preferably premium.

I enjoyed a couple of Kairsoft games, last month I was addicted to Beastie Bay, so I think I will get Dungeon Village, but keep an eye open for more modern city sims.

6. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Slime City looks extremely promising:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2727651#post2727651

7. hunterextremb

hunterextremb Member

Aug 14, 2012
  8. Anthing from Kairosoft. I love Oh! Edo Towns.