TA Forums Game of the Week! (Apr 17th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Apr 18, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of April 17th?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2013.
  1. Fangz

44.6%
  2. Cut the Rope: Time Travel

10.8%
  3. Legend of the Holy Archer

3.6%
  4. Fish Out Of Water!

4.8%
  5. Dark Quest

4.8%
  6. RPG Silver Nornir

9.6%
  7. Fist Face Fight

2.4%
  8. They Need To Be Fed 2

16.9%
  9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rooftop Run

2.4%
  1. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Voting for a game you didn't play is just stupid.

And totally different from voting for the fastest car since there is objective data on that, duh.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    There are no rules against stupid voting! Live and let live.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Exactly.

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Never implied that, stupidity never had any rules in any aspect of life anyway. Happens everywhere every time :)

5. Stupidity looks like this. :D

[​IMG]

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #126 Rip73, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    Reading this is a bit disappointing.
    I really thought those who voted were players rather than anything else.
    Actual players would be nice in order to get a genuine opinion.
    First hand playing experience is all that really counts in formulating a solid opinion of gameplay.

7. Not to change the topic completely, but to the users who care, my friend here gave me a laptop after hearing of my predicament of having my last laptop stolen at a party, and not being able to save ipad game saves, and not being really able to use itunes to download music and stuff. It is a huge laptop though, a 17 inch sony vaio! Wowzers!

I kinda envisioned a world of ipad for everything including console setups, but unfortunately game saves and itunes music exchanging just can not be done without a laptop. So it was more the principle for me not to buy a laptop. But I am glad I had a friend who was willing to help me out, and I am thankful for his friendship. Thanks!

Anyway, coolness. :)

8. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I read the GOTW thread each week, to see if I missed any good releases. I don't take the voting too seriously, but would probably be more likely to check out a game that received more votes.

It's preferable for people to only vote for games they've actually played. We can't police this - and don't want to - but votes for a game you haven't played are pretty pointless.

It would be better to express your general thoughts or preferences in the thread discussion, but only actually vote for games you've experienced first hand.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I know EchoSeven usually weeds out votes entered under if there is suspicious of shill/developer intervention; I agree people shouldn't vote for a game they haven't even played and, like Red1, I don't understand the motivation. However, I suspect blind votes are the minority.

10. Well, this odd debate is taking another turn to shill accounts and pro developer intervention. On this topic, I definitely agree that there should be no shill accounts made by any user, or developer to cast votes for a game under no conditions. Nor should any developer or advocate tweet or facebook encouraging users to create accounts to vote.

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    To put an end to this, since there are no specific rules everyone is free to make up their own mind on the moral rules around nominations and votes.

It's been interesting to read people's opinions on the topic, but by now we've circled back around and no new points have been raised.

12. I would like to say that Echoseven has done a good job maintaining the GOTW thread and votegates, and I appreciate the help this thread has on making purchases on releases.

And a final congrats to Fangz, and thanks for the interesting discussion all. :)

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    At least only Connector votes with his feet, its all better now

14. Hehe, well, as I said earlier, this probably may happen once or twice a year, so at that time, we shall meet again. :D

Attached Files: