Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

Heheh, last night I was thinking that this game does feel like WoW, just for the fact that I leave out 6 dudes because their classes aren't the ones needed (or are not as effective).

I've also been wondering how can you guys solo heal with the bard? I can't seem to be able to do it when I'm under heavy fire (well, when there are mobs around that can't be aggro'd). So far I've been using Monk/Cleric/Mage/Bard and Monk/Cleric/Barbarian/Bard (sometimes I switch out the bard and put both mage and barbarian together).

2. Drumkit62

Drumkit62 Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but to self heal my bard, I just tap on him, then slide away from him and quickly slide back (without removing my finger). Then use whatever healing ability he has. Works for auto healing skills, as well. And same for your cleric!

3. Teemberland

Teemberland Member

Feb 15, 2011
    What's after Haggerdom? Are there anymore levels after that?

4. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    There are 2 more worlds after Haggerdom, about 20 more levels.

5. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Definitely do NOT want to see a bunch of damage and healing numbers on-screen. All for slightly tweaked U.I., but i don't need to start seeing stats all over the place when the little health bar does just fine. The only thing I ask for are the character portraits for quick selection...

6. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    And I don't even need this. Just need a fix for the overlay problem, that's all. More buttons and on-screen-information would destroy the awesome way of keeping things basic. BH is right where it needs to be, even without multiplayer and/or Gamecenter.

7. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    And how would you fix the overlay problem without buttons?

I would like to hear an idea from you, since I don't see how it can be done otherwise, unless further complicating matters.

8. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Maybe multiple taps could cycle among overlapping characters?

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I'll take that as only a tentative vote of support.

11. papahav

papahav Member

Feb 11, 2011
    All chars ~lvl35
    Bard ~lvl50
    Double tier9 on every char
    Doomvale ~125
    42hours clocked in

Still hungry... what now?
    how long till new content?
    Just downloaded 3kingdoms TD for the daily commute and it sucks compared to this

P.S. final team (Monk Rogue Bard) Wiz for 70kill runs
    with bardswapping between lethality/1000palm/solar = gg final boss before adds

12. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Any additional UI that we'd add for easing the selection of party members would be (1) simple and (2) optional, so if you like the game just fine as it is, then you have nothing to worry about.

Simply having the characters automatically move a bit when they know they're obscured is something we're going to try first. Right now we have the AI be fairly intelligent about this when they're all trying to attack the same target, but ranged DPS, or DPS on different targets don't really pay attention to each other, so we can definitely improve things there. I also like the idea of cycling who's selected if you tap on a cluster of guys, and having the line dragging always originate from the currently selected member rather than whoever's on top when there's two or more potential sources of the line clustered together. Another thing that might be worth a try is a double tap giving a "scatter" command in the general vicinity of your finger.

The reason I think these solutions could be more graceful than portraits is that your eyes and finger needn't leave the area where the overlapping problem is happening. Small portraits along the top/bottom/side may be helpful, but I don't think I would use them over this method myself, because that would require me to divert my attention away from where the clusterf*** is actually happening. It seems potentially clunky in its own way.

Damage numbers are probably not going to happen, though I may put in some text or a visual effect to indicate critical hits as there are currently no indicators when you score one (besides a bigger chunk of health getting lopped off.)

13. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Yeah a critical hit indicator would be helpful :).

14. Guzzyo

Guzzyo Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Here...
    would new content be IAP or...?

15. Movementcat

Movementcat Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Mika i really like your Game its Awesome i never spend so much time on a Iphone Game now 20 Hours Playtime, and Game Dev Story was / is great.

But Please bring new Content !

Bring Some Use for Gold,

Some Inspiration - Buy Special Items for Arena A Wall where you can hide Spikes and Something, Buff Pots for one Round, Leveling Weapons Up ! Build a Castle, Buy Stats, Buy Pets.

MOAR Maps ofc ^^ bring much new Maps where we can Play Trough with nice new Bosses.

and OFC More Classes, A Warlok, Hunter, Druid

More Equippment Set Items, More Trinkes with Special use, maybe another Equippment slot / slots,

Hard Mode all Maps again with much Harder Enemys.

When did you think a Update will Appear?

You can do it via IAP i will pay.

Lg Movementcat

16. jeffmd

jeffmd Active Member

Nov 19, 2010
    mika, as much as you may like the current method of control, keep in mind that alot of us are avid mmorpg/warcraft players. Party panes are a way of life, and if you are a healer it is your only way of life. Of all that is now, there is only 2 main things I would like to see changed.

#1 A way for my healer to start healing a party member that does not involve dragging anything on the battle field. I do not need to risk him moving or healing the wrong target. Especialy with no res in the game, preventing deaths is #1 priority. If my healer cannot quickly pick up healing on a member taking damag, then it is simply not a good control scheme for an rpg.

#2 an easy method to tell a party member to go to a specific spot. One of the best things games like warcraft and battleheart do is offer boss encounters that layout hazzards or require adds that need picking up, something that keeps party members mobile. Unfortunatly if there is ANYTHING that prevents me from selecting a party members to get him to move, then the interface has allready failed us. I enjoy changing conditions of the battlefield, but if the UI prevents me from telling my guy to get out of the fire or run away from the mob that is chasing him, then there is little reason to play.

17. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    hey Mika.. i think it would be cool to go back to the 70s and as far as Damage you can have an option to turn it on or off.. but instead of Numbers.. how about words.

back to the old days of Muds..

you have your minor damage like HIt..scratch.. graze.. etc..

then your larger damgae.. Massacre... Obliterate..

and your HUGE attacks like -=-=-=IMPLODE=-=-=-
    or
    <*><*><*>EVISCERATE<*><*><*>
    <=-=><=-=>ANNIHILATE<=-=><-=-=>

you get the idea. you dont have to have the fUnky ass stuff but just the words might be kinda cool. just an idea.

18. Chuchichäschtli

Sep 9, 2010
    Hey Mika! I'm LOVING your game :D It's one of the best I've ever played on the iPhone.

Here's my christmas wishlist:

1. New bosses!! The bossfights are the highlight of the game
    2. Achievements. Especially for bossfights :)
    3. A more structured endgame.
    4. Maps that have an impact on gameplay. For example sewers that get flooded every 60 sec.

Also could you please indicate how many times an item can be upgraded? For example by putting "+++", "+++", "+++" after the name.

I wish you a lot of success with the game!

19. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    My feeling is that Mika wants it keep the screen as basic as possible. If that is the case, then the best method would to be to add more functionality to what is on the screen, specifically double taps.

How about double tapping my healer to rotate through healing targets (though I'd still love to see the healer and bard be able to do something negative to the enemy).

I understand the love of the line draw, but does it HAVE to be done that way if there is better functionality. Why be a slave to it?

Btw, I feel like this game is a perfect cross of WoW and Fire Emblem.

20. porkozone

porkozone Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Agreed!