Hero Siege Hate Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PBSNellie, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK, not trying to be Negative Nellie, but why would I pay 9.99 for a new game upgraded from an old game that was never really "great" and was pulled off the App Store?

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    No way. I spent all that money in Hero Siege and then they just pulled it. I paid to upgrade it and everything and was told on steam basically to go suck it. My posts are on steam still if you want to go read how they reacted to my questions. They won't ever get another dime from me. They said that mobile wasn't where they were making their money so as a customer I wasn't important.

Billy

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    It seems there is enough new content to qualify this as a sequel so just think about it like that and honestly I would rather pay ten bucks then have it free and full of a ton of lame IAP. Developers have to make some money and I'm happy to pay more for premium games to keep them from going f2p and to support the developers

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Ya, very unhappy with all of this.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #5 PBSNellie, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2016
    THere are some Devs that get my money no questions asked...for instance, Butterscotch Shenangans. 9.99 is a bit steep to pay for an app that I already paid for. And if some people got burned by that dev I can understand why they wouldn't want to support them.

6. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #6 ZS77, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2016
    I'm torn too - had the original and can still download from my previous purchases but it's sooooo ssssllllllllooooowwwww (need to do a slo-mo sound effect with that to appreciate the real emphasis!) - it's like you character is constantly running in treacle.....on the plus side though, it makes it a lot easier to dodge the hordes! Also have it on steam. Do I really want to purchase it a third time just to play it again?! It's addictive....like crack.....but at least crack takes the 'repeat purchase' decision quandary away from you......along with most of your faculties and teeth......my point is that I'm not sure it's a itch I want to scratch any more having paid for the privilege already....twice.

7. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

It's really hard to recommend this game in it's current state. On my iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3.2 it's kind of a bug fest. Buying items in shops won't work, not all classes work, when I talk to a certain NPC my game crashes and all of my progress is wiped, walking around is kind of awkward and items disappear. There's a hard currency in this game, I tried to check the IAPS for this hard currency, but yeah that menu doesn't work. If you really want to play this game get it on steam if you can, it's 50% cheaper and you'll get a better version.

8. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Crashes at the start menu on both iPad air 1 and iPhone 6+ running the latest iOS version

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Unfortunately these are my exact impressions of the game too. :/

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Ugh was excited about this based on description. Thanks as always.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    If you go on Steam you can see their responses to me. It was all in the open and they responded to someone else too. It was over a year ago though. They told me that IOS was just extra money for them and that's how they looked at it and that just because I made all the in app purchases didn't mean anything to them. They told me that IOS will always be last on their priorities and that their main money is from steam so I didn't matter to them. That they are in school and need the money for their college. Again it's all in the open on the forums on steam.

I wouldn't just come on here and talk about a dev like this. Everyone knows me. Sometimes I'm outspoken and a pain in the butt, but I spend a lot of money on games and respect indie developers. I also love this site. Anyways this is my last comments on this. Good luck I hope maybe they changed their ways and the game is awesome and successful and not a waste of money for anyone here.

Billy

12. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hmm based on all these posts I think I might wait for an update, I also have to put what Billy had to say in perspective too.

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I seem to remember when they originally released this on iOS, it began having problems and after the updates they basically admitted they were chasing the money and gave up on it in favour of steam, which was more lucrative and PC being easier to program for. Looks like their attitudes haven't changed much in the last couple of years - real shame it's still a bug ridden mess, that was the problem with the last versions(s) on iOS before they finally pulled the plug. Safe to say they won't be having my money a 3rd time now.

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Same here too!!!
    Is there any with latest iOS and iPad Air 1 with no crashes?
    As from my experience from the first game the devs are not very supportive with their product but when it worked it was fantastic (the first era not the second with the terrible balance). Anyway I had hopes that this time would be better but for now I have spend 9.99 for a game cannot play for 1 sec.
    Not very happy.

15. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Wait I bought hero siege a long time ago on steam, then I bought it on iOS, then you guys just abandon that and years later make it again and make me buy it again ? #

16. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    It's either they send keys to people that already bought and supported this game (maybe even twice, people like myself) or I'm done with these guys.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    That's super disappointing but thank you both for checking it out. It's on the watchlist for now.

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    The App Description spouts the success of their STEAM release in the first sentence... I suppose that (re)releasing it here on IOS can simply be a way for them to loop advertising back to that platform, especially after reading about the way Billy was treated in open forum..

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hey bro, no sweat, they certainly shit on all of us original customers, I wouldn't even think about buying this...again.

To those who have already bought this buggy steaming pile;

*Request a refund from Apple immediately!*

As long as you do so in a very timely fashion they'll refund your money. These devs WILL NOT make things right with you.

Just my 2ยข plus another two for good measure.

20. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #20 JohnnyClash, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    well, seems like a pretty cool game.. Too bad all the bad rep associated with the devs..