About How Much $ Do You Spend on iOS Games Each Year?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DigitalB33R, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    Well over the week I got my iPhone (this week) I already spent 45 dollars buying games while the 15 dollars was free for AT&T. Not counting my iPod touch that I spent over 75 dollars buying games and music.

2. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Personally, I usually spend about $10 a month on iOS games. Some months a little more, some a little less. I don't buy any top-of-the-line priced games though, so I keep my money count low. I've also won more than a few iTunes cards from generous giveaways.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I don`t have the Stats in front of my but I`m pretty sure it was close to $3000 for Appz and around $500 for iAP (mostly removing Ads if there is an iAP for it so that Stuff doesn`t show up in the Videos) last Year.

Obviously it will be this year less then $3000 since I keeping myself away from buying every App that I see on the Appstore pop up and try to focus on those Gems that some might have overlooked or that might be interesting for the TouchArcade Community.

Please don`t forget that even if those $3000 sounds like a lot I'm saving really a lot each Day in not buying all of those App on the EU iTunes Store and instead smashing the Buy Button on the NZ/US iTunes Store.

Besides that there are a lot of other reason why it won´t be as much as last year...

As soon as Diablo 3 will launch next Week you won`t see me probably for Weeks on the Forum or near any of my iDevice.

4. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I'm looking pretty anemic going after Sanuku, but I have been averaging about $600 per year. Considering that is maybe 15 AAA PC games and represents a couple of hundred iOS games/apps/unlock IAPs, it is a good value in my mind.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #45 backtothis, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
    Haven't calculated my iTunes spendings since the first page of this thread, which was about 7 months ago.

Since 10/21/11, I've spent another $416.15.

Total since 01/21/09 (first purchase): $2143.38
    Per year: About $650.
    That's $53.92 per month for the past 40 months.

That total is nothing compared to what Sanuku spends though, heh. I've definitely been spending less and less since the peak period (late 2010/early 2011). Started doing contests last Fall too, so quite a bit of my spendings from the past half year were credits I won or gifts from Christmas. To put it into perspective, I'd say somewhere between $50-$100 of the $416.15 from the past 7 months were out of my own pockets.

However, I got a 360 last December and already have a library of 15 games (ME3, Skyrim, MW3, etc)..

Don't think there will ever be another month like September/December 2010 ($146.62, $134.86). That's probably what Sanuku spends monthly on iOS games though..when there aren't too many games coming out.

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I've averaged $25 per month, so about $300 per year. I'm seeing myself type this right now and thinking - wow, really? :eek:

7. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    #47 Filing Cabinet, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
    interesting, thanks for sharing that

how many do you keep on your device at any point of time?

My purchases are probably 1/30th of yours, but i still have problems with space and what to keep and what to delete off. [even ran out of screens to put apps at one point]

8. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
  9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You are Welcome. I keep very, very few on my iDevice since I`m honestly happy when I don`t see a Game every Moment I unlock the Home Screen.

Most of the Time I keep them only on my iDevice for the Recording and then remove them or if they are good enough I keep them on it till I have played through them.

To sum it up: I do never ever have more then 25. App installed on any of my iDevice.

I like that! May I ask you how long do you have your iDevice and what App/iAP was it that you bought for 99 Cent? Angry Birds (Space)?!

10. Wow, sanuku, only 25 apps on your idevice? I always figured you as a guy with mutiple ipads, iphones, with hundreds of games on each.

Geez, I got 700 apps mostly games on my new ipad 64 gig. I ran out of space about one week after I bought it. Sigh...

But I think I spent about $500 last year, but now that my new ipad is full, i really doubt that I'll spend much more this year. Probably since I have no more space, I'll spend around $200 or so I figure. Unless cave comes out with more $10 games haha, they are the only company that I will spend lots of money on. Chillingo is great for $1 games though.

I always thought too sanuku, that companies would give you promo codes since it is almost advertising their games, so I thought you got more of your games for free, but seeing that you say you spent close to three grand on your games, wow, that's impressive.